Shared printer problem

jeffmoss26

2[H]4U
Ok guys, I went to help a customer today. Small office with 5 workstations running XP pro, and a server running 2003. They have 2 shared printers. One, an HP, was not working properly. It was a USB printer connected to one of the workstations. It was setup as a shared printer on each of the other computers. However, it wouldn't print. I tried several times to remove and then add the printer on the other computers but it would not connect. However I was able to print locally on the one computer that the printer is attached to. So right now I am thinking it is something wrong with this particular workstation. I could not access this computer from My Network Places. I even went to the server, clicked on the computer name, and it would not open. At this point, I am not sure where the problem lies...Hoping for some advice.
Jeff

Couple things to check maybe:

Check if the workstation with the printer attached has File/Print Sharing turned on
Check if the WinXP firewall is not blocking incoming connections for the above connection

Back