Sennheiser HD558 headphones

Zepher

[H]ipster Replacement
I wanted a set of headphones to use on my new rig so I went to best buy and purchased a pair of Sony MDR-V55 DJ style headphones. I didn't want to spend too much and these were $60.
They sounded decent, but started to hurt my ears and top of my head after 30 minutes or so.

I decided to look for headphones that your ears sit inside and since I have had good luck with Sennheiser in the past, I decided to see what they had to offer.

I looked around and settled on the HD558 headphones for $120, double of what I wanted to spend but after wearing them now for 4 hours straight, they are well worth the money.
I don't even notice that I am wearing them since they are so comfortable.

I found 558's too tight fitting for long term but I can wear my sony mdr-7506's for 8-10 hours before they start to bug me, they don't hardly press at all around my ears but it does eventually start to be annoying/noticeable.

I guess it depends on the shape/size of your head.
I used them for 7 hours tonight and didn't feel any ill comfort or anything.

I do need to get a shorter cord as I am only 2ft from the jack hole, lol.

I plug them into the Soundblaster ZX audio pod under the monitor,
desk%20monitor.jpg

I found 558's too tight fitting for long term but I can wear my sony mdr-7506's for 8-10 hours before they start to bug me, they don't hardly press at all around my ears but it does eventually start to be annoying/noticeable.

Nothing that can't be fixed by putting a couple textbooks between them overnight. That'll loosen them up a bit.

Back