Samsunh 860 Evo vs Intel 660p

mda

2[H]4U
Hi All,

Would just like some opinions on which drive to get.

I need a 2TB M2 for the laptop, mainly to store programs, files, backup. May eventually house some VMs/DBs if needed.

Im deciding between either an 860 Evo M2 or the Intel 660p, both of which are the same price on Amazon (350usd for the 2TB M2 versions)

The 860 Evo seems to win by a little under mixed workloads and endurance but the 660p seems to win in straight line speed.

Which is the better drive in this case?

I live outside the US where warranty for these things are unlikely even for when I purchase these locally... so Id rather save a buck by importing these from Amazon... Warranty will not be a factor. Reliability should be a wash?

Edit: I see the awful spelling on the title. Was on my phone at that time, my apologies.

Thanks!

Last edited:
If they’re the same price and same specs and warranty doesn’t matter, it’s whatever brand you prefer frankly. They are both solid reliable lines and namebrand SSDs.

amazon has a review stating some intels from 3rd party vendors were fake, so be careful into buying from a reputable retailer.

amazon has a review stating some intels from 3rd party vendors were fake, so be careful into buying from a reputable retailer.

Thanks! Didn't catch that. I tried getting from newegg instead. The 860 Evo on Amazon was 350... The 660P on Newegg was 279! We'll see in about two weeks when it arrives. [Shipping from newegg to forwarder, shipping to my country]

If they’re the same price and same specs and warranty doesn’t matter, it’s whatever brand you prefer frankly. They are both solid reliable lines and namebrand SSDs.

Thanks! I hope to be getting some VM work done soon. I'm running out of space everywhere :|

Isn't the 860 evo m.2 SATA and the 660p m.2 nvme? Which does your laptop need?

Back