Samsung LED tv or Sony LED (46")

greatchap

Weaksauce
Hi Guys,

I want to buy a LED TV. It's an HDTV (1080p) and the size is 46". (Viewing distance is 11 ft so i guess size if ok).

I am confused if I should go for samsung led tv (series 5) ($1750) or Sony 46"LED ( $1600). Sony has more natural colours while samsung has bright colours. I am tilted towards samsung as it plays more file formats but still I want to get an opinion.

Will be glad if n e one can help me.

Thanks,
GR

Where are you getting a Series 5 from that it costs $1750?

Samsung's website lists a 46" 5000 at $980

I live outside the US, here the prices are high. So what should I do ? I think samsung can play more movie formats thats sony so I am inclined towards it.

You're kidding? Why would you have to pay double nearly for a TV vs what we have to pay in the US. Hell, you're even closer to where those television sets are actually manufactured. I knew prices were higher but not that much higher.

I do know that in the UK and even perhaps any country over there that accepts the euro for currency, that they have better warranty laws than here in the US. Here in the US, we get 1 year on products at the very least or more if the company offers more. In the UK and perhaps France, Germany, so on and so forth, the law affords them 2 years of warranty.

I wonder if that causes them higher prices? I'm sure it plays into the cost being higher, to a degree.

Over here in the US, at Sams Club, they are closing out Sharp 70" Quadra LED TV's for $1,999 and they are absolutely beautiful sets with fantastic pictures. I think Sharp has better rep for picture quality even over Samsung.

I would look around a bit more before you lay out that kinda cash.

I just bought a 55" Toshiba LCD TV last year for $750 shipped and really like it. But I totally agree with you, LED is the way to go.

After doing research and some bargaining I am getting Samsung 46" (6 Series) TV for $1800. It's Samsung UA46D6000. Now I can't do much on the price front. As a perk I am getting 3D glasses for free and maybe an lcd 22" tv as well.

Anyways my main aim is to figure of if I should go for that or a 46" Sony TV. My concern on the sony front is the limited no. of file formats sony would play in usb. Otherwise sony is costing me $200 cheaper. Sony's pic quality is more soft/natural while samsung's is glossy or brighter.

Any help would be appreciated.

Purchased Samsung Series 6 LED TV 46" :)

Sony was not able to play all file formats.

Thanks...

Back