Samsung Curved 27" (S27D590CS)

Too small for curved and too low of resolution for 27", imo. Price seems reasonable, I guess.

Much more interested in their S34E790C, if they can get it to market asap (before the Dell U3415W, LG 34UC87, and AOC 34" curved).

1080p VA panel without a height adjustable stand and a perceived black level ruining glossy bezel? No thank you, I'll take an Asus VN279Q or a BenQ EW2740L for <300$ (review links+info) or the 1440p HP Envy 32 for an extra 80$.

Hello. This year was the premiere of a curved monitor - 27" Samsung S27D590C (also called S27D590CS).

An interesting fact is that the screen type is VA, and yet the manufacturer claims that this monitor is ideal for games and movies, without ghosting effects that are unfortunately typical of VA screens.

I am worry about ghosting effect. When I was using PLS model, S27D590P, with "Response Time" setting set to "Standard" during WATCH_DOGS game I didn't notice any ghosting effect, also during movie watching or working with my PC I didn't see any ghosting. In comparison to curved model with VA screen, there will be any difference? Theoretically, this curved model has 4ms GTG response time, while PLS model has 5ms GTG, so it should be better? I don't know what to expect, because I never had a VA monitor, only TN (bad viewing angle, no ghosting, good backlight) and PLS (good viewing angle, no ghosting, irregular backlight). However i read a lot of VA problems with ghosting, so now i am afraid.

Anyone played games on this curved model?

I wonder also if this VA screen is a little darker at the right edge, as it was on all Samsung PLS screens, for example S27D590P, S27D390HS? (this problem was visible on a white screen)

Could anyone take a photo of screen during displaying white background (for example MS Paint with white picture + press F11), especially with zoom on right edge?

What do you think about this model, does anyone tested it?

Manufacturer website:
http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consum...onsumer/LS27D590CS/XK?subsubtype=series-5-led

Greetings.

Last edited:
Back