RX 6800 XT Gaming Z Trio $539.99 - $20 MIR = $519.99 + 2 Free Games @ Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a pretty sweet deal.

I read somewhere that there was a third party OC tool promising at or near 3090(not 3080, but 3090) performance in some games with a 6800xt. I think Linus did a slight test on that but it ultimately was just not quite up to a 3090..

Anyone have real world knowledge of this?

I'm considering biting on this for my son's rig.

This is a pretty sweet deal.

I read somewhere that there was a third party OC tool promising at or near 3090(not 3080, but 3090) performance in some games with a 6800xt. I think Linus did a slight test on that but it ultimately was just not quite up to a 3090..

Anyone have real world knowledge of this?

I'm considering biting on this for my son's rig.
I mean, it's possible depending on the title. Some heavily skew towards AMD, other Nvidia. I know a good 6800xt can get close o a 6900xt.

Found it - claim is actually a 3090ti performance. Lol
Yeah it does well in synthetic benchmarks, but the card is still roughly matching a 3080 which is fine for 520 bucks. You get around 5 percent real world performance out of the tuning. I'm not sure how much this card will tune, it's already clocked pretty dang high out of the box.

Idk if the gaming Z is the same, but the bios on the gaming X was locked by MSI to only +9% power limit. Had to flash bios to get around that.

Idk if the gaming Z is the same, but the bios on the gaming X was locked by MSI to only +9% power limit. Had to flash bios to get around that.

I think that's some sort of AMD default. Not necessarily a MSI thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back