Rosetta WU's

• Thread starter Deleted member 88227
  • Start date
I didn't know they had a 2p that was capable of that. Are they selling them on eBay yet??

The 2699 V4s are 22c/44t per CPU. The new Xeons should have higher core counts

EDIT: The 8180s are listed at 28 cores

14k seconds giving me 100 points, 28k seconds giving me about 200 points is what I'm seeing now

The 2699 V4s are 22c/44t per CPU. The new Xeons should have higher core counts

EDIT: The 8180s are listed at 28 cores

I'm not looking to spend $9k on just the processor. :LOL: I'm looking for hardware on eBay that are being upgrade that I can get for a deal here. Jeez!

14k seconds giving me 100 points, 28k seconds giving me about 200 points is what I'm seeing now

I'm seeing a whole 51 tasks for that shitty project known as rosetta@home.

I'm not looking to spend $9k on just the processor. :LOL: I'm looking for hardware on eBay that are being upgrade that I can get for a deal here. Jeez!

Only about 2K for a couple spicy CPUs on eBay.. What you takin' bout mate?

Realistically, V2s are the only ones with decent prices right now. V3s are getting closer but not the higher end models.

Well buy me a couple. ;)

That's about what I'm looking to spend on a complete system...

Let me get right on that....

Besides you dont have enough power as it is. How you going to add more servers? Cause we all doubt you'd sell what you have now.

Anyone find a good bargain on CPU/motherboard/RAM, please share. The natex one is a bit old but they are budget price. System consume north of 250W, IIRC.

Ok guys. We are about 10K pts behind.
upload_2017-5-27_13-45-6.png

Let me get right on that....

Besides you dont have enough power as it is. How you going to add more servers? Cause we all doubt you'd sell what you have now.

I don't have a roommate anymore. ;)

Anyone find a good bargain on CPU/motherboard/RAM, please share. The natex one is a bit old but they are budget price. System consume north of 250W, IIRC.

That thing looks sexy. What CPUs are in it?

Ok guys. We are about 10K pts behind.
View attachment 25981

We fluctuate between around 10k points to about 45k points throughout the day.

Yeah... I just want a cheap 2011 2P board since I already have a CPU/heatsink sitting on a shelf. Hopefully one that supports non-ECC Ram. I check eBay every now and again. 1P boards are stupid high and for those prices you might as well go 2P.

Can that board support 16 core 32 thread processors?

48 threads on a 12 core processor?! I think you meant 24. Haha

Yeah.

You only have 2 options for a 16 core V3 E5 and they go for 2-5K on eBay. lol

Well I guess I'll have to settle for 4 12 core, 24 thread CPUs then. lol

Looks like we're not gonna win this one.

We're 94k points behind now.

Been running no more than 100 tasks and as little as 20 tasks all day and nothing I can do to change that. Kind of bullshit.

Well one last thing we might be able to try to squeeze all the time out of this.

Go to the Rosetta site.
https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/prefs.php?subset=project

Change "target CPU run time" to 1 hour.

This should allow us to get as many points as we possibly can at the end. Where they might have tasks that wont complete for 3 - 4 hours and miss the deadline giving us a slight edge. I changed mine earlier today when I was only getting ~20 - 30 tasks at once. Currently sitting at 100 with the longest one taking 1 and a half hours. The points seem to scale with time run. So you'll get 1/4 the credit at 1 hour vs 4 hours.

I woke up this AM with 15 active r@h tasks.... 15?! Played around with the manual update and it leveled off around 50 something. I just don't get it.

Finished all of Rosetta plus my WCG backlog.

Got the 6180 SEs in. Temps came up 6C and they make quite a difference.

Just got home.

R@H has 2133 tasks now. What. In. The. Actual. Fuck.

Little too late for that now.

I am going to sign up for all the projects for FB. Go ahead and get a head start on getting a couple WU's from them so when they announce the next sprint I'll be able to switch over to it, hopefully, much faster this time so I can fill up my queue. Hopefully I can snatch enough WU's to go "offline" if needed for the entire duration of the Sprint and not have to worry with downloading during.

Little more than an hour. It's 19:42 UTC and the event ends at 21:59 UTC.

I stopped getting WUs for several hours for some reason so I called it quits on Rosetta.

That's alittle frustrating plus the lack of credit.

Went back to WCG and hope the next sprint is better.

Welcome. :) I forgot to switch things over after the Sprint was done; so bet the Richard Dawkins people were getting a little nervous. :p (Only ~110K between us) That said, am hoping to never crunch another Rosetta WU for a long time to come. :p

Back