ROG Ally US pricing - $699 for z1x on sale June 13th, $599 for z1 Q3 2023

Marees

2[H]4U
According to the Asus ROG Ally listing on Best Buy, the top-end version with the AMD Z1 Extreme processor will be priced at $699.

This means the regular version of the Ally will be cheaper, probably $599 or $549.

https://in.ign.com/asus-rog-ally/18...y-gaming-handheld-device-price-spotted-online

Leak: The Asus ROG Ally will cost $699.99 with an AMD Z1 Extreme

https://www.theverge.com/23700094/asus-rog-ally-price-amd-z1-extreme

That’s according to data shown to The Verge by reliable gadget leaker Roland Quandt, and an earlier leak by SnoopyTech. The data we’ve seen leaves little room for confusion — even the product number associated with the $699.99 gadget identifies it as the Z1 Extreme model with 512GB of storage, and we’ve got a long list of marketing claims in our possession that also look legitimate. I’m pretty sure it’s the real deal. Though it’s always possible the price is a placeholder; we won’t know for sure until May 11th.

Comment: for an ASUS ROG branded device this price if true looks cheap. Maybe AMD/Microsoft are subsidizing it !?

Another leak: The Asus ROG Ally will start at $600 with AMD Z1 and 256GB SSD​

Just two days after a substantial leak pegged the price of Asus’ Steam Deck competitor at $699.99 with a Z1 Extreme chip and 512GB of storage, an extremely similar leak says the entry-level model with a vanilla Z1 processor and a 256GB SSD will cost $599.99.
As before, SnoopyTech was the first to spot the leak — and we similarly corroborated with Roland Quandt, who showed me the data so I could see it.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/4/28/23703461/asus-rog-ally-z1-256gb-leak

It's not for me due to lack of a track pad and the button/stick/d-pad layout not being to my tastes, but it's nice to see it come in at a competitive price point with what promises to be really good performance.
Valve is treating the Steamdeck like a console in many ways. Low profit on hardware but make up for it in game/peripheral sales. That has to make it harder to compete on price with them when you don't have that same revenue stream.

The ASUS ROG Ally officially launches June 13th.

Pre-orders for the Z1 Extreme model are available now for $699.

The cheaper and slightly less powerful Z1 model will ship in Q3 for $599.

Fv2okRHXoAAQHkL.jpeg

I'd wait to make sure these don't go bad a few weeks after buying them. Asus customer service is non existent so you pretty much need one that doesn't fail on you.
After release support in general may be non-existent with Asus being Asus. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Reactions: cvinh
like this
It's not for me due to lack of a track pad and the button/stick/d-pad layout not being to my tastes, but it's nice to see it come in at a competitive price point with what promises to be really good performance.
Valve is treating the Steamdeck like a console in many ways. Low profit on hardware but make up for it in game/peripheral sales. That has to make it harder to compete on price with them when you don't have that same revenue stream.
The pricing of asus's new device makes me wonder if asus has got, or is planning on, some referral deals with valve/microsoft/epic/whoever.

Edit: seems that microsoft likely has a finger in the pie, with three months of xbox gamepass ultimate being included, according to asus' website: https://rog.asus.com/us/gaming-handhelds/rog-ally/rog-ally-2023/

Last edited:
Welp I went AOkZOE A1 pro..bigger screen and more ports and a bigger battery....support should be zero as such with all the Chinese companies.

Edit: if ASUS put more than one usb-c port on their unit it would be a no brainier

Last edited:
I feel the same on the track pad. Good to see competition popping up in general.

Welp I went AOkZOE A1 pro..bigger screen and more ports and a bigger battery....support should be zero as such with all the Chinese companies.

Edit: if ASUS put more than one usb-c port on their unit it would be a no brainier

Same here. Which one did you fund? 32GB/2TB white edition for me.

I hope other brands get ahold of these chips soonish. Also rather run Steam OS vs Windows. I am hoping for a Z1 extreme chip next year for 450-500$ max in a unit that supports Steam OS.

If Asus had just put ONE trackpad and a second type C on the device, people would have snapped this up like hotcakes. But no--some people just don't want to make TONS of money...
Dongle peddlers should be hanged.

I picked one up and it ended up having a defective left analog stick. I promptly returned it.

Back