Replacing dead 5600X - Options?

NightReaver

2[H]4U
Hey there, so my 5600X died on me. During a swap out to test something I noticed a couple of pins got a tad bent and wouldn't go into the socket nicely. Went to go straighten the pins and bam, one broke. I believe this is the 7th ryzen cpu I've handled, so I guess 1st time for everything.

Anyways, pop it back in my mobo, won't power on. Pop it in a 2nd mobo, won't power on. I haven't checked it against a pin diagram, but I can only imagine I hit an important one. If it was a fancier cpu, or one I didn't haven't since launch then I'd probably look into getting it repaired, but I've been thinking about replacing it and I guess this just solidifies that decision.

*TL; DR* I fucked my 5600x up, need replacement.

PC gets used 90% of the time for 1440p/144hz games. Probably the most intensive productivity task would be messing around with 3d models in meshmixer for 3d printing. I've always been thinking about grabbing the 5800X3D, but the EoL status of AM4 bugs me, but would be the cheapest.

2nd option would be grab one of those AM5 combos I see at Microcenter. 7900X+mobo+ram seems like a nice way to go...and once the 7800X3D comes out, if it turns out to be the gaming messiah cpu, I can 'upgrade' to it and sell off whichever Zen4 I got before.

Another idea is to go Intel. Haven't had an Intel since the trusty Q6600, but I've been enjoying Ryzen ever since my 1600.

Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks for taking a look!

That $600 bundle is amazing value and would be a great choice; the only seriously consideration for something else (assuming you're sticking with AMD) would be in case you want/need more than just 4xSATA and 3xM.2 slots.

That $600 bundle is amazing value and would be a great choice; the only seriously consideration for something else (assuming you're sticking with AMD) would be in case you want/need more than just 4xSATA and 3xM.2 slots.
Have my eye on that. The mobo is out of stock at my MC, though they do have an open box one. Don't know if they'd let me use that instead.

Hey there, so my 5600X died on me. During a swap out to test something I noticed a couple of pins got a tad bent and wouldn't go into the socket nicely. Went to go straighten the pins and bam, one broke. I believe this is the 7th ryzen cpu I've handled, so I guess 1st time for everything.

Anyways, pop it back in my mobo, won't power on. Pop it in a 2nd mobo, won't power on. I haven't checked it against a pin diagram, but I can only imagine I hit an important one. If it was a fancier cpu, or one I didn't haven't since launch then I'd probably look into getting it repaired, but I've been thinking about replacing it and I guess this just solidifies that decision.

*TL; DR* I fucked my 5600x up, need replacement.

PC gets used 90% of the time for 1440p/144hz games. Probably the most intensive productivity task would be messing around with 3d models in meshmixer for 3d printing. I've always been thinking about grabbing the 5800X3D, but the EoL status of AM4 bugs me, but would be the cheapest.

2nd option would be grab one of those AM5 combos I see at Microcenter. 7900X+mobo+ram seems like a nice way to go...and once the 7800X3D comes out, if it turns out to be the gaming messiah cpu, I can 'upgrade' to it and sell off whichever Zen4 I got before.

Another idea is to go Intel. Haven't had an Intel since the trusty Q6600, but I've been enjoying Ryzen ever since my 1600.

Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks for taking a look!
Well I think you got to throw something on that MB regardless. Throw on a 5600 or an APU if you are pulling your GPU for a new build.

If you have the option to grab the MC deal, I'd just do that. Yes, the 5800X3D would be the "cheapest" option, but it's EOL. You can always upgrade the CPU later with the bundle.

You can always drop in a 5600g or something to the old setup and have a nice secondary system.

Looks like they have a bunch of those $600 combos in stock today. Got the MC card so I can shave another $30 off. Looks like I might need to make a trip there. I forgot how good of a deal that one was.

Don't forget to post pics! Wish I had an MC near me :(. They be having some great deals.

So I made a post just now in the case section about the lian li odyssey x. I really want to be done with my 900D and saw they had 2 cases that can support my 480mm rad. 1 is the lian li at the astonishingly low price of $105.

Any thoughts on that case? Either here or the other post is fine.

Back