Recording Interfaces as Audio Card?

banedox

Weaksauce
Hey everyone!

So was wondering if anyone in here used a recording interface as their main audio source on their computers?

Hey everyone!

So was wondering if anyone in here used a recording interface as their main audio source on their computers?

Actually using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) to feed a pair of JBL LSR305 monitors a balanced signal, which is USB -> 2i2 -> balanced to LSR305, and that part works great!

However, I have a pair of DT880's, and the headphone jack simply doesn't have the umph- the output on my XPS13 can get them far louder- and I decided to use a USB mic, so I have no use for the (likely very good) inputs on the 2i2, which is going back. I ordered a Topping DX7 off of Massdrop to provide balanced output to the JBL's and proper amping to the Beyer's, and potentially to future a future set of balanced cans.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Indeed I do.
I use RME PCI-e 1X AIOs and external rack mounted S|C XITE-1 DSP Interfaaces.
Using Ribbon extenders (Risers) inside of 1U Supermicro chassis.
I use old Blu Sky 2.1s, JHAdio Roxanne and Layla IEMs, and RCF loudspeaker arrays.
Live performance sound quality is enhanced with Sonic Tube Exciters, Radial Space Heater Tube mixers.
For mastering DSP Plug ins are preferred over Native software.

AES/EBU and ADAT pipe in hardware FX and hardware analog/DSP Based synths.
I could never drag around my stage rig without a crew so going to Digital and PC was a lifesaver.
Almost sounds as good as the hardware it emulates.

I have a gen 1 2i2 I use w/ my Pioneer SX-3600 stereo receiver.. works ~well... however if using a interface try to get one w/ RCA (unbalanced outs unless your amp or whatever has balanced inputs..) I had noise floor issues with my 1st TRS to RCA cable 20~ft replaced it with a 6ft cable and it is fine now.. but ideally if u are using a amp w/ unbalanced inputs try to get an interface with unbalanced outputs.. if the inputs are balanced then get one w/ balanced outs...

Back