Razer Edge Pro Gaming Tablet

Either get a tablet for fun things like movies and games, or get a full tablet to do work.
This middle-man Atom processor tablet isn't going to last.
I think you meant to quote me on that one.

Seems like using a computer to you is now a PR statement.
No, just your constant PR statements that make you look like you work for Microsoft.
Seriously, why do you not work for Microsoft?

If you did, then everything you say would be completely justified.
But you don't, making this all the weirder.

I think you meant to quote me on that one.

My bad, thanks.

No, just your constant PR statements that make you look like you work for Microsoft.
Seriously, why do you not work for Microsoft?

If you did, then everything you say would be completely justified.
But you don't, making this all the weirder.

Many millions of people use Microsoft products everyday and amazingly do not work for Microsoft. I use this stuff everyday, you don't, criticize it constantly and never talk about using Windows 8 in real world terms. That's fine but why spend so much time on something you don't like or use? That's VERY weird.

Many millions of people use Microsoft products everyday and amazingly do not work for Microsoft. I use this stuff everyday, you don't, criticize it constantly and never talk about using Windows 8 in real world terms.

Because those millions of people aren't trying to shove a crappy product down our throats.
How do you know I don't use "this stuff" every day?

That's the very reason why so many individuals are sick of your nonsense, you make falsified statements and put words in our mouths.
I don't criticize Windows 8 constantly, but I do content what you say about it, it's GUI, and how "great it is" on every platform, when it clearly sucks on desktops and laptops without the aid of Start8, a third-party non-Microsoft application to make it work the way it should have with the options and freedom it should have.

I do talk about Windows 8 in real-world terms, including the Microsoft tablets.
This is why I keep saying that Clover Trail isn't a good processor, especially for everyday things, and that the Windows 8 GUI should have given users more freedom on the platform they were using it on.

What's so hard to understand about that?

That's fine but why spend so much time on something you don't like or use? That's VERY weird.
It's not weird, it's entertaining, especially when your mind breaks when too much logic is thrown at you by everyone on here, save for your few alt. accounts. :rolleyes:

Now this would be an example of a falsified statement.;)

Please do elaborate. What's false about saying "Alt accounts...hehe.." to someone else? I asserted nothing and only someone feeling guilty would interpert any underlying meaning regarding that it was I was talking about. Perhaps you'd like to keep responding to further implicate yourself?

Falsified statements? Talk about putting words into someone's mouth!:p

Now this would be an example of a falsified statement.;)

I love how you're trying to be nice about this after you reported one of my posts.
You should be a scientologist, you'd fit in good with some of their enforcers.

I'll admit, the alt. accounts thing is a running joke, we obviously know it's not you.
However, you have put word in our mouths, many many times, when we have clearly proven to you otherwise.

Kind of like how you said I brought up where you work, when it was you that actually posted where you work at, then turned around and claimed it was me.

Whatever, Windows 8 still has a long ways to go with both tablets and desktops/laptops in the market place.
Until Microsoft starts to give users a little more freedom of choice in the GUI without locking them down, it is going to be an uphill battle for them.

This is why I'm actually kind of excited about the Razor Edge, it has a decent GPU, and while priced a bit high, this I could see having some real-world applications.
The GPU does have quite a bit of VRAM, folding on the go! :D

I don't think that's going to be necessary. Early indications are that Haswell's GT3e graphics perform roughly on par with a GT 650M. It's just a question of whether the high-end Haswell graphic spec is going to find its way into low-power tablet-oriented parts. I suspect that Intel will be pushing fairly hard to get the better GPU specs into their low-power parts, though.

These first x86 tablets, particularly the Clover Trail ones, are really just for early adopters. The shortcomings are significant. Later Haswell- post-Haswell x86 tablets are going to be significantly better, and I honestly don't really see Razer doing anything of significance in that space.

If you can wait, then wait.

The haswell proc will proly be out in a tablet by earliest July or later.

Btw, the haswell GT3 demo performed in comparison of the GT 650M, have no FPS indicator at all.
The GT3 might be running at 30FPS, while the 650M running at 60FPS.
Even watching a youtube video(max 30fps), you can see that the GT3 is a tiny slightly lag compared to the smooth 650M.

The HD4000 was said to be up to 2x the performance of the HD4000.
The GT 640M LE, is already 2x or above the performance of the HD4000.
The demo shown, might also be from the fastest of Haswell. Thus, a lower performance processor for a tablet might reduce by a margin more.

I have tried running Dirt 3 at the max settings on 1080p on my HD4000 and OCed 640M LE(not a fair comparison, yes).
I get 4-5fps running on the HD4000, while the OCed 640M LE get around 20-22fps during the racing part(not the end result of the benchmark).
Translated to 4 to 5 times performance of the HD4000, on max settings.

No doubt the upcoming Haswell is going to be great though.
That's why I'm more looking forward to a next generation Razer Edge or other makers that follow the same path.
Definitely they'll be using the Haswell proc by that time, and probably a GT 730M(slightly faster than the GT640M-non LE) or slightly better GPU, if the Nvidia Maxwell haven't arrive yet.
The best would be a Haswell proccessor + Maxwell GPU on a tablet. :D

Back