Ram & M.2 prices going up soon

"Taiwanese memory and SSD suppliers are optimistic about Q4 following great Q3 results."

All rich people/corporations/suppliers are always optimistic about quarterly reports when profits are constantly on the rise.
Probably just more bullshit price increases as the holiday shopping season will be gearing up...and more fear mongering spit out to get consumers to spend more.. and spend more...

I mean it was obvious when those prices bottomed out because of reduced demand and huge surpluses, they were bound to cut production and bring prices back up. Business Economics 101, the 3 companies that actually make this memory aren't exactly in a race to the bottom type for competition.

I am going to be in the market for a 4TB SSD. Was hoping to get one on some Black Friday deal. Something like the WD SN850X for $200 or less. I guess that is probably not going to happen?

I am going to be in the market for a 4TB SSD. Was hoping to get one on some Black Friday deal. Something like the WD SN850X for $200 or less. I guess that is probably not going to happen?
You MIGHT get an 4TB 850x for that price on BF, if some seller(s) decides to have a limited time "deal of the day" or whatnot...

Personally, if I were you, I would buy it ASAP....

But I'm not you, since I have already stockpiled a large qty of them (2 & 4TB's) over the last few weeks when the prices were at or near rock bottom.

I did keep a few for my personal rigs, but the majority of these are for upcoming client builds, so they will put to good uses in the near future....

Glad I just bought my storage upgrades for my system, next payday I'm moving up to 32GB for the RAM next. I should be good with 16TB.......

I just grabbed 2 more 2TB NVMe's for my TrueNAS box, seeing the prices where they are, hard not to considering what i paid for a 980PRO 2TB last year...

I just ordered a 32 GB memory kit as the final upgrade for my am4 system the other day. I had already been meaning to get in and do it since ddr4 prices have stagnated and deals have shifted to ddr5 kits but these rumors were the final nudge I needed.

I doubt we'll see them go up in the short term but I'm sure they'd love to jack the prices right before the holiday shopping season so who knows. Also ddr4 is bound to go up at some point as production gets phased out.

Of course by buying it now I've likely just ensured that there will be much better deals during the holiday sales.

Considering I managed to grab 64GB of Hynix M die RAM at CL30 for my AM5 upgrade for $110 (thank you open box Microcenter gods), I'd say that's plenty good enough for me. This ram kit is hopefully (knock on wood please don't go bad) going to last me for the rest of AM5, and maybe beyond. My main PC already has some 7 TB of NVME drives. I guess I could get 3TB more by swapping out my 1TB for a 4TB, I'm kind of in no hurry. The rest of my computers have appropriately sized ones at this point that are mostly TLC. So yeah no real hurry. All of my computers are also sitting on 64GB RAM, and I think that's basically all any modern computer would ever need for probably the next several years.

Yeah not much left for me to take advantage of I suppose.

"Taiwanese memory and SSD suppliers are optimistic about Q4 following great Q3 results."

All rich people/corporations/suppliers are always optimistic about quarterly reports when profits are constantly on the rise.
Probably just more bullshit price increases as the holiday shopping season will be gearing up...and more fear mongering spit out to get consumers to spend more.. and spend more...
I helped with those Q3 results, bought an 8Tb nvme, plus 2 2Tb nvme's for my Synology.

'optimistic about Q4' might just mean they expect what is made to also sell... it is a holiday shopping season in a month. That doesn't necessarily mean price increases. But DDR prices moving around has been a thing for some time.

Some of it might be price fixing.. I think they've been caught doing that before.

If there is a great deal on 8Tb nvme's I'd grab another.

Last edited:
Semi market is still in the tank, prices arent going to rebound right away. Theyre trying to hype everything up with the usual buzzwords (AI, ML, HMB3 ect) but prices shouldnt move too much through 2024.

Microcenter never ships. They have great deals, but the 8 hour each way drive kills them.
Shame, they should have a store near a major city, cough, like Tampa.....
The only place I can get some of their stuff is on scAmazon, and that's only the SD cards and NVMEs I seen.
I don't think their on Newegg.

Anyway, I'm just waiting on my 64GB RAM kit, and my 19TB of solid state storage for my laptop upgrade.

Back