Quora Breach Affects 100 Million Users

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Last night, Quora's CEO announced that about 100 million of the site's user accounts were compromised in yet another data breach. Quora says they discovered the breach last Friday, and that account names, email addresses, posting history on the site, IP addresses, personal messages, and hashed passwords were compromised. The CEO says "We believe we've identified the root cause and taken steps to address the issue," but notes that the investigation is still ongoing.

If you were affected, we will update you with relevant details via email. While the passwords were encrypted (hashed with a salt that varies for each user), it is generally a best practice not to reuse the same password across multiple services, and we recommend that people change their passwords if they are doing so.

These breaches are getting out of hand you think?

100 million people posting questions like "I have an iq of 235, is that good?"

I gotta steal your thunder a little and add more to this- millions of fake questions from crazy people looking for validation(stack exchange is also infested):

"Hello, I am currently a female research student working on stem cells for artificial intelligence/cancer research. While reviewing one of my professors papers before publishing for peer review, I noticed several mistakes he make in his understanding of amino chain behavior. Is it appropriate for me to correct him in front of his peers/parents/spouse? Thoughts?"

"Hello, I am CEO of a very exclusive cryptocurrency broker. Does anyone know if I should get my 911 with or without the sports package. The trim definitely steps up the quality($40,000 add on package)but the larger rim diameter I've heard from other CEO friends that it makes the ride a little more bumpy. Thoughts?"

"Hello, I find that most pants are a little small for me in the general crotch area. I am a very health conscious person, being on the US Olympic triathlon team, I have 2% body fat(currently out of season). So the waist isn't the issue, there just isnt enough room in the crotch area. Is it appropriate to ask my sponsor(Nike) to adjust my contract and have all of my new garb have a custom 10-12 inches added to the crotch area for comfort? Thoughts?"

Back