Quake4 bugs?

SkaarjMaster

[H]ard|Gawd
I have the latest patch (1.4.2) and have created an AutoExec.cfg as well as the original CFG file and still have three problems:

1. In Settings/Game Options/Gun Position >> it keeps defaulting back to Right and I want it Centered no matter how many times I change it. Is this command in the cfg file?

2. In System/Screen Size (on Ultra Quality Settings, aspect ratio 16:10) it keeps defaulting to 1440x900 and I want 1920x1200 as this is the native resolution of my LCD monitor.
EDIT: It's possible that it only shows this in the menu, but it is actually running at 1920x1200.

3. r_mode is set to "-1", but this sometimes is set back to "25" for some odd reason. Is it OK to make the Quake4Config.cfg file "read-only" because I'm not even sure it's reading the AutoExec.cfg like it should.

WTF gives with this? I tried making the config files "read-only" and that didn't as the game just changes it within the menu anyway.

4. Is it true that you can't make Quake4 config file read-only to be read-only and that they actually write to them anyway?
EDIT: Well, I just made my Quake4Config.cfg read-only and as many times as I go in and change the settings it does not change. AutoExec.cfg is not set to read-only and it doesn't change either like it should. Maybe the 1.4.2 patch eliminated the need for the AutoExec.cfg file.

Last edited:
Back