PS4 possibly release October 21st?

Bowhuntr11

[H]F Junkie
Sounds too good to be true, but it is gaining momentum...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=76168179&postcount=417

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1kabae/possible_ps4_release_date_leak/

Mods just verified his credentials.
He could still have wrong and/or outdated info, but it seems legit to me. Gamescom will be the ultimate test, but for now Oct. 21 is the best info available.

Mod-verified means that this particular gaffer is indeed in the position to receive such knowledge, as has been checked by Bishoptl himself.
This means it's still a rumor, but it does have a verified source. Nothing more.

Don't kill the messenger, thought I would try and get everybody elses hopes up like mine are... :p

Last edited:
I would half believe it, SONY is dead serious this generation about crushing MS and they sit and wait and then attack at every step for MS. Getting the console out a month before black Friday would help in many ways not the least of which would be the ability to get time to fill early orders and then restock for black Friday and Christmas.

I think SONY probably knows that MS is behind and will not have a lot of units ready so going as early as possible will help them extend an early lead and will probably also turn a lot of impatient Xbone people into PS4 people.

Sorry , don't believe it. Sony didn't even finalize specs until right before their own announcement. I think they'll release right around when Xbox one does. It just makes sense to. Its right before Black Friday in the states and that's big revenue for them.

If however they do , it would be a pretty interesting move. I hope they remain VERY competitive like they have been. Sony has really stepped up its game and putting the screws to MS has forced them get in line with what gamers want.

Seems like we would be hearing about manufacturing information if the release was this close.

I hope it's true but I doubt it.

October would be nice, but I'd be surprised if it happened. I'd be nice if both Sony and Microsoft gave solid dates already. Hasn't Microsoft said simply "November?" Has Sony said anything?

October would be nice, but I'd be surprised if it happened. I'd be nice if both Sony and Microsoft gave solid dates already. Hasn't Microsoft said simply "November?" Has Sony said anything?

Rumor is that both to be revealed at Gamescom. That starts August 21. Hopefully that's true.

Not getting one till there is snow on the ground but the earlier the release the better as far as I'm concerned.

That is a good date, I paid off my ps4 already and I've got another $130 in credit at game stop.

I doubt the PS4 would get released a month before the Xbone, I mean think of it, what would happen with Titles like Madden 25 & COD Ghosts? Would they release their games on the PS4 before the Xbone? If the PS4 does release early, the only games available will pretty much be first party games, because 3rd party publishers do not want to anger M$.

I've heard this rumor pop up in a few places now. It makes sense with Black Friday and all.

...because 3rd party publishers do not want to anger M$.

This makes no sense.

Microsoft has no control over the release of 3rd Party Titles except through licensing. Why in the world would Microsoft try and punish a Publisher for releasing a game on another system, and possibly lose interest from that Publisher?

Games sell consoles, not the other way around. I'm pretty sure MS understands this.

This makes no sense.

Microsoft has no control over the release of 3rd Party Titles except through licensing. Why in the world would Microsoft try and punish a Publisher for releasing a game on another system, and possibly lose interest from that Publisher?

Games sell consoles, not the other way around. I'm pretty sure MS understands this.

Umm because M$ has an exclusive deal with the NFL and if the next gen madden comes out on the PS4 a full month before the Xbone that will cause a Whole lot of mass defection sales. Same with next gen COD ghosts, etc, etc.

So what if the shit comes out early the games will be there too, the games that are multi platform come out on a set date, if ms doesn't have a console out its not the publishers fault

The key is going to be who can put and keep hardware on the shelves for purchase.

Release dates mean nothing if you can't move hardware, without sufficient hardware then the developers will be slow to come.

Hoping that with the hardware used this go around being PC parts already in mass production that this is not a problem.

I don't think either one will have shortages in the US. (The X1 has already been pulled from other countries)

Umm because M$ has an exclusive deal with the NFL and if the next gen madden comes out on the PS4 a full month before the Xbone that will cause a Whole lot of mass defection sales. Same with next gen COD ghosts, etc, etc.

That's retarded, there won't be enough available to make a dent. These games sell millions.

Back