PS2 game suggestions

zandor

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm heading home for Thanksgiving tomorrow and my Aunt's family is coming along with a couple of my cousins. If I remember right a 15yo girl and a 13yo boy. Now, my parents, being empty nesters, are rather short on entertainment equipment. I've got this PS2 I inherited when my brother died and I'm thinking it'd provide some good entertainment for me & my cousins. The catch is I really don't know anything about PS2 games other than that my brother really loved Gran Turismo and the Final Fantasy games are supposed to be pretty good.

I'm thinking about dropping by Best Buy tomorrow and picking up a game or two. I'd like something that's good for multiple players. I've got 4 controllers but no 4 player gizmo... I'll pick one up if I find a good 3-4 player game. Thier parents are fairly conservative, so fighting games are ok but really realistic/bloody/sexy/M-rated games wouldn't be good. The GTA disk is staying home lol. I'd also prefer something that isn't too "deep", since we won't have much time to really get into a game.

I took a quick look at Best Buy's web site and so far the most appealing game is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles <something>. Supports 4 players and fond memories of a childhood two week family tour of CA that started in Reno NV due to cheap plane fares. We stayed at Circus Circus one night and dad won like $50 worth of quarters from a slot machine & gave them to my brother & I to play video games with. We sank about half of it into beating the TMNT game. Ah, good times.

Anyone have any suggestions?

edit: Older, inexpensive PS2 games are also preferred at least if they're not out on GameCube. They've got a GameCube, and I really haven't played many PS2 games at all, so feel free to suggest classics.

There are some really good bargain bin titles that are collections of older games. You've got atari, intellivision, midway arcade, capcom, sega and tons of others. If you've got a circuit city, thats where I found all of the mentioned above. All 19.99 or less.

On top of those suggestions, I highly reccomend monkey ball for the PS2 if you can find it, it's a great 4 player time waster, and won't offend anybody...unless they have a thing against monkeys. You can probably find it used for 20 or way less, it's older.

Hope that helps!

My friends and I always have a blast with the ATV Offroad Fury games. They support 4 players and all 3 of them are greatest hits so they are 20 bucks or less. They're pretty easy to play too, just mash the gas and go (for the most part). Good, clean wholesome family fun and WAY better than a night of Scrabble, lol!

Sounds good so far. ATV Offroad Fury sounds like a good time, and anything called "Monkey Ball" has to be good entertainment.
I'll make a list in the morning and head off to Best Buy to see what they've got. Keep 'em coming and thanks for the suggestions.

Back