Power Supply for Cannon A70

fishguy

Limp Gawd
I dont think polarity will hurt anything (but dont sue me if it does)

I have fooled around with all kinds of stuff and had the wrong polarity several times. Results were always the same...stuff doesnt turn on....change polarity...now it does....no prob.

You DO want to make sure you get the right AMPS if you get a generic power supply. Getting that wrong can cause issues over time.

yeah, i figured as much about the amps....but i can't find any information on the power supply that Cannon uses.

I disagree with you on the polarity thing, my dad is an electrician and has seen alot of stuff got wrong with wrong polarity, whether it be small electronics and big stuff.

thanx for the info though

I have done laptops with reverse polarity, cd plyers...battery chargers......FM radios..............and several others I cant remember with reverse polarity. I have alot of wallwarts and a variable volt/amp power supply.

None were the worse for wear. I believe they put alot of safeguards in because people are nuts (like me).

I mean how often have people plugged the wrong power plug into something?

Or grandma put the batteries in the wrong way?

Is it a good idea to do on a regular basis? NO

Is it gonna kill your camera? I doubt it.

Originally posted by Nate53085
thanx for the help :rolleyes:

You can take 300 shots on a good set of rechargeables. And with a cheap $20 charger they will be ready to take more shots in the time it takes you to eat lunch.

So why waste money on a power supply if you have or can get rechargeable batteries.

Originally posted by agentzero9
You can take 300 shots on a good set of rechargeables. And with a cheap $20 charger they will be ready to take more shots in the time it takes you to eat lunch.

So why waste money on a power supply if you have or can get rechargeable batteries.
Yeah, I was absolutely blown away by how long my Maha 2200 mAh's lasted. And I was using the LCD display for EVERY SINGLE PICTURE (I was trying to decharge them quickly for conditioning purposes)

Back