power & reset on the board that is cheap

is there any motherboard that has reset and power on the board that is cheap?

how to make a power switch or reset switch on that back of the motherborad?

am2+ or am3 motheboard.

Last edited:
Asus P6T Deluxe (v1 and v2) have power and reset switches, you can find them used for ~135.

Define "cheap", also what socket etc, and your purposes please - it would help a lot.

but easy to slip with and damge expensive stuff.

Personally I'd just put a button on short wires but then I keep the connectors, pins and crimp tool to hand for other reasons. Most people probablly don't.

My ECS A785GM-M has both power and reset buttons on the board. It cost $70 but the net cost will be only $45 as long as I receive the $25 rebate.

Not going to try and find it right now, but you can find some 2 pin connectors with switches and LED's attached to them. For about 10$ a set, you plug them into the front panel connector, and convert them into "board level" switches. Frozencpu I believe sells them.

its very silly these switches arent on all boards, what also annoyed me is review sites who only review premium versions made me think all revisions of board have the switches. I cant see the cost been that big for these switches but rather a deliberate premum only feature.

personally I used a jumper when testing outside of case, safer than a screwdriver.

Back