Post your coolermaster stacker 830,831,832

there are two small black screws recessed in the front of the plastic part on the outside edges, and then there is one screw inside that you have to unscrew as well, through the top of the main aluminum frame. You'll need all of your 5.25" bays to be empty, at least the top half, to get your hand in there to unscrew it.

AHA!

Thanks for that tip. I got the two on the outside, but did not look inside yet.
Thanks

You're welcome. Another note: I don't know if mine is the norm, but when I unscrewed the top one it didn't actually come out of the frame, the screw would just spin in the aluminum but unscrew itself from the plastic, making it a real pain to get out even after being seperated. I had to pry the plastic up and over while pulling down on the aluminum frame. I finally put some pressure on that screw from the top by holding a spare rear slot cover on it while unscrewing to get it out and just left it out for now, if I really need that extra strength I'll put it back in, but for now it stays out.

After going to Newegg and SidewinderComputers I'm confused in finding efficient yet quiet 120mm case fans for the Stacker 830. Oh, since I plan to O/C a quad core and run a single vga card I don't need to worry about the extra heat with SLI, so any suggestions?

I have the same problem. I need to find quiet yet efficient 120 mm fans for this case. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have the same problem. I need to find quiet yet efficient 120 mm fans for this case. Anyone have any suggestions?

Scythe S-Flex fans are very good - I have the middle RPM ones in my case, they are amazingly quiet, even at 12 volts. Dead silent at 5 volts.

updated pics....

added 120mm Yate Loon D12SL-12 Red LED Case Fan - Clear (47 CFM, 28 dBA) from Petra's Shop
three side door fans, 4th on the blowhole (blowing in)
this maybe subjective, but I almost lost a finger with these Yates...too quiet for me:shakes:...moar noise coming from my PSU's fan.

So I'll be sleeving these Yates soon :up:

Love the all black with red lights theme... did you paint the inside or did you buy it like that? Same goes for the plastic piece on the front that looks like carbon fiber now... sweetness. Also, if you changed the LED under the power button, was it very hard to do? I want to change mine to green to match all my fans too.

Love the all black with red lights theme... did you paint the inside or did you buy it like that? Same goes for the plastic piece on the front that looks like carbon fiber now... sweetness. Also, if you changed the LED under the power button, was it very hard to do? I want to change mine to green to match all my fans too.

I'm a poster child for all n00b modding...if I can do it, you can too...it all started with this upgrade thread...somewhere in there is the LED soldering I did and carbon fiber stuff i did with the front panel.
Again, I built this with ppl online, pictures on Google, and this great ppl in this community XtremeSystems.org, and aBIT forum.

Don't worry you're not alone...ppl will help, as long as you ask nicely and give credit to those who helped you :D

yeah i was gunna say that.
Alright I really need help which color should i get the 830 in black or silver i cant decide

@ prodigee:

I like the black (what I have) but it looks best if you paint the interior black as well (on my to-do list). But the silver definitely doesn't look bad either... and the black is kind of hard to keep clean, every time you touch it you leave finger print smudges all over, which look terrible under a camera flash trust me. Having never seen a silver one in person though, I can't say that it would be better.

thank you for that i would definetly paint the inside of it however, i cant stand having tstock interiors

Alright I think I'm finally done hardware-wise for awhile. After much tweaking and many different wiring setups over the past 6 months, I've finally gotten my Stacker 830 just about right where I want it. Switched all my fans to Zalman Green LEDs and rearranged the 5.25" bays, cathodes, and of course the wiring. I'm now running dual EVGA 8800 GT's with Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev. 2's. I also now have 1.4 TB of Hard Drive space... :D. Everything runs fast and cool and VERY quiet, which is exactly what I was hoping for when I started out on this journey. Specs are in the sig. And now, for the pics:
DSC00799.jpg

DSC00804.jpg

A couple shots of the exterior here.
DSC00824.jpg

Straight on shot of the side mesh "window."
IMG_0075.jpg

And here is the interior. And one more below. As you can see I used an extra piece of the sound dampening foam to cut out my gamer handle and backlit it with a green cathode behind a sheet of thin white cardboard attached to the foam.
DSC00774.jpg

DSC00795.jpg

Those Arctic Cooling Accelero's are huge, but boy do they work!
DSC00778.jpg

This OCZ SLI Ready edition RAM really finishes off the theme nicely.
DSC00793.jpg

DSC00794.jpg

Yes I managed to fit the CPU power cable in behind the graphics cards. w00t!
DSC00782.jpg

The fan controller doesn't fit perfectly, but it's close and it works great, especially coupled with the Zalman fans and CPU cooler.

very nice setup. I was wondering how quiet are those zalmans on max because im gunna get the very same ones.

They are a little noisy but not nearly as bad as the Thermaltakes or Aspires that I used to use. The Thermaltake Thunderblades were really bad, even on low they were quite noticeable.

okay cool.
i'm just trying to get all my facts straight before i take the money plunge and buy all the components for my new build.

You should seal off that crack above your fan controller with some x-acto cut electrical tape.

For anyone considering this case, check this out!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119156

It's pretty much ready to go with the two most commonly done or asked for mods: Painted black interior and a plexiglass window on one side and a solid door on the other. Damn I wish this had been available when I bought mine.:mad:

So wait. 1 side has plexiglass, which air cannot go through, and 1 side has a solid door, yet they still include the 4 side fan holder? And there's no vent on the front either. Kinda bad airflow wise.

yeah if you look at it actually kinda takes away what the stacker was made for.
so can anyone tell me if the silver is brushed or matte
Can you guys with the black tell me where you got yours?

For anyone considering this case, check this out!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119156

It's pretty much ready to go with the two most commonly done or asked for mods: Painted black interior and a plexiglass window on one side and a solid door on the other. Damn I wish this had been available when I bought mine.:mad:

I should buy that, use my existing side and front panel and have the coolest Stacker 830/832 hybrid ever.

So wait. 1 side has plexiglass, which air cannot go through, and 1 side has a solid door, yet they still include the 4 side fan holder? And there's no vent on the front either. Kinda bad airflow wise.

Yeah, I don't get the fan door thing, but the front, even without a vent in the door, will still get air as there is a big gap in the bottom where air can come in from. And I'm guessing this model was probably built with water cooling in mind, as many high end users are going that route these days anyways. But it wouldn't be bad for air cooling either, as you now can have more control over where the air is coming from and going, and there will be filters everywhere you put intakes. I know with mine, the side mesh panel doesn't keep much dust out at all.

@prodigee:

I'm pretty sure the silver is brushed like the black (the black then being anodized). And I bought mine from newegg.com, back when they were having a huge sale because the Cosmos had just come out and was garnering all the big bucks. But now they are both about the same cost, somewhere in the middle of where they were back then, around $200-260 depending on model.

thank you instynx that clears it up. In that case i will get the black thank you for all your help.

My 830; i'm painting the case right now, i'll open a project log for it tomorrow :)

87660938rc8.jpg

92316870he9.jpg

47872698id6.jpg

73199253ty8.jpg

@prodigee:

no problem, love to help. Just be sure you check all the options, newegg has like 5 different versions of the black one in stock right now, so you might as well get exactly what you want

yeah i know and also because i am building this dude a computer he is goin to do a custom airbrush on it for free. Dude he does airbrush and vinyls for very famous people. Its gunna be sick when its done i will def post it.

Hi all
I am think of upgrading to this case and have a few questions.
Right now I got the CM690 which is a great case but I have never been happy with the way the front panel snaps on, I got it for free with a motherboard/cpu deal. I am wondering how the front of this case is held on, is it screwed on or does it snap on. Also I have a Thermaltake V1 cpu cooler. If I use the same one can I still use all four fans on the door or will I have to leave one off for room?
For me cooling is important, so I would like to use all four fans on the door so if the thmaltake v1 is to large can anyone requimend a cpu heatsink that will fit with all four fans.
I don't o/c,

Also I have notice that you can add fans to the bottom of the case, how hard are they to mount and can you see them if you have the wheels on?

Thanks again for all the help

Back