POLL which stepping/model do you have, what OC

i dont know how many times tedinde has said that...he's right steppings and product codes don't matter....

the only thing that could tell if a cpu oc's good is if there's a batch # that has a known good oc'ing rate....such as the L310's and L321's like 99% of those chips with that batch # were great oc'ing cpu's (they were 2.4's). i bet we could figure out the good oc'ing SL6Z3's if everyone that has one posts their batch # of the chip and see which oc better.

a batch # is more important when determining a good oc'ing cpu than the stepping (M0 or D1) or the product code (SL6Z3 or SL6WS) of the cpu

but still it's 99% luck when getting a cpu unless you buy a pre-oc'd cpu

I got another 3.2c today, same steppings, and real close dates.

So it should clock the same as my dead on that in the sig rig.

One on the right is my new keychain. The one on the left is burning in on air right now @ 240fsb 3.85ghz. Factory sink, no extra volts. I'll put it in my vapo tomorrow. And gotta find some drill bits for my new keychain!!!

The hole in the chip is not to let out gasses when epoxy sets up, it is called a pilot hole!!!

chips32.jpg

PS. if you burn your chip up and it's your fault, Be a man and take it. Dont RMA it and raise the cost of my next chip, That is called stealing!!! Yes intel has deep pockets, but remember where they get their money!!!

Back