That is something that bugs me about the initial wave of games. I mean, I'm happy to play Destiny 2 in 4K and greatly appreciate the improvements in the PS5 version of Miles Morales, but I want to play more games built for the console. Titles that look as good as that UE5 demo.
Like with any new console generation, that takes time. Like Duke said, you're looking at 2023 at the earliest for most of those games.

The remaster/remake thing is more prevalent now than it has ever been before. It's been around for a couple generations, but the current % of games that are ports of old games is pretty astounding. I'm not opposed to the concept, but we need more remakes akin to Demon's Souls (which looks light years ahead of the original) instead of games that look more like free 60fps patches than full-price games.

The remaster/remake thing is more prevalent now than it has ever been before. It's been around for a couple generations, but the current % of games that are ports of old games is pretty astounding. I'm not opposed to the concept, but we need more remakes akin to Demon's Souls (which looks light years ahead of the original) instead of games that look more like free 60fps patches than full-price games.
I'm fine with just new games all together. Demon Souls for the PS5 did not change the experience for PS3 owners. Probably the biggest change is net code and that you can once again play the game online. I'm in favor of games like FF7 which really do change the game a lot but calling it FF7 and not FFXX or whatever is just banking on nostalgia. It's probably better to just remaster older games and let developers work on new games instead.

Back