Playstation Accounts Randomly BANNED By Sony & THEY DON'T CARE

d3athf1sh

[H]ard|Gawd
What are the odds they've been hacked again?

But at least it looks like the accounts are being restored

Oh my god this girl is annoying.

I wish she would fucking pause to breathe every now and then.

I'm reminded of watching political pundits on 24 hour "news" networks.

That and she is pretty much only reading you a goddamn written article in a youtube video. What a waste of space.

So I can save anyone else from this harsh annoyance, these are the articles she is reading:

Large Number of Legit PSN Accounts Randomly Banned by Sony

In Further Making The Case For Physical Media, Sony Announces PlayStation Users Will Soon Lose Access To Legally Purchased Discovery Channel Content thrown in as an aside.

She also does us the favor of reading us this twitter thread...

You're welcome. I hope I never have to hear her annoying voice ever again. I hope the same for you.

I'm reminded of watching political pundits on 24 hours "news" networks.

That and she is pretty much only reading you a goddamn written article in a youtube video. What a waste of space.

So I can save anyone else from this harsh annoyance, these are the articles she is reading:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/l...-accounts-randomly-banned-by-sony/ar-AA1l5X1b
https://boundingintocomics.com/2023...-legally-purchased-discovery-channel-content/
In Further Making The Case For Physical Media, Sony Announces PlayStation Users Will Soon Lose Access To Legally Purchased Discovery Channel Content throwmn in as an aside.

You're welcome. I hope I never have to hear her annoying voice ever again. I hope the same for you.
I couldn't bring myself to click it, looked too clickbaity

I'm reminded of watching political pundits on 24 hours "news" networks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/l...-accounts-randomly-banned-by-sony/ar-AA1l5X1b
https://boundingintocomics.com/2023...-legally-purchased-discovery-channel-content/
In Further Making The Case For Physical Media, Sony Announces PlayStation Users Will Soon Lose Access To Legally Purchased Discovery Channel Content throwmn in as an aside.

With that out of the way...

While I don't have a dog in this fight as I have never had a Playstation account and never will, this must suck for those affected. I also cannot venture to guess if the banned parties deserved it or not.

This is unfortunately going to become the norm as a cost of heuristic and black box AI bans. The system is going to flag an account and ban it, but no one can explain why, and we are supposed just accept that.

Just another reason why I don't want AI in any facet of my life.

And Cloudflare can go eat a bag of dicks for constantly using heuristics to flag my public IP so I can't access many sites.

This type of shit needs to be banned.

In Further Making The Case For Physical Media, Sony Announces PlayStation Users Will Soon Lose Access To Legally Purchased Discovery Channel Content thrown in as an aside.

you the real MVP!!!

People are complaining they're accounts are getting banned and they lost all their purchased games and sony is acting like they don't care and not giving reasons why.
"People are complaining they are accounts are getting banned..."

And you use the correct "their" in the same sentence.

Anyway, I am always going to default to the assumption that these "random" bans are not random.

"People are complaining they are accounts are getting banned..."

And you use the correct "their" in the same sentence.

Anyway, I am always going to default to the assumption that these "random" bans are not random.
i don't know, issues seemed to be widespread, that's why i included a couple links and you got to figure, it's not easy to cheat on a console like it is on PC if you can even do it at all?

well, in case anyone was thinking about grabbing a console to get "early access" to GTA, you may want to take this in to consideration.

People are complaining they're accounts are getting banned and they lost all their purchased games and sony is acting like they don't care and not giving reasons why.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Ban-h...accounts-for-no-apparent-reason.778691.0.html

View: https://youtu.be/ceWfzrRyVRQ

I'll turn my system on see if I'm good.
Imagine losing your entire Steam Account.

That and she is pretty much only reading you a goddamn written article in a youtube video.
There are thousands of such youtubers out there if not millions, and what's worse they consider themselves a news source, and what they do a legitimate job.

OT: I think I have a psn account, but the last time I purchased anything for it was in the ps3 era. And as I'm never planning to buy a console ever again, I don't really care if it lives or dies.

Untitled.jpg

It's a Real event unfolding if you do a quick Bing search.

It's a Real event unfolding if you do a quick Bing search.
I don't know that a Bing search's results validate that something is a real event unfolding. That said, it feels like there has been a lot of recent events of "mass bans" with companies having to walk things back afterwards. I have a PS3 I haven't used in a few years. I am not sure I care enough to turn it on to see if I was affected. I think this has always been a concern with the move away from physical media (including Steam), in that you could lose access to things you purchased. Not sure why people are surprised about this now. Putting automation around it just increases likelihood, not lessens.

Last edited:
I don't know that a Bing search's results validate that something is a real event unfolding. That said, it feels like there has been a lot of recent events of "mass bans" with companies having to walk things back afterwards. I have a PS3 I haven't used in a few years. I am not sure I care enough to turn it on to see if I was affected. I think this has always been a concern with the move away from physical media (including Steam), in that you could lose access to things you purchased. Not sure why people are surprised about this now. Putting automation around it just increases likelihood, not lessens.
Bing is owned by MS...

well, in case anyone was thinking about grabbing a console to get "early access" to GTA, you may want to take this in to consideration.
Lol, I'm pretty sure this will be long forgotten about and will be of no consideration in 2025 when this game ships and will have been ultimately a non-issue that gets fixed for the most part. Just like the vast majority of FUD that gets spread across the tech industry, typically by opponents of the company that said FUD is about.

I’m just gonna throw this out there now, lots of the users who were incorrectly perma banned, are or were getting flooded with new sign on notifications from their 2 factor, those sign on attempts are from VPN’s or locations they don’t recognize.
And they think that this happened because Sony was hacked again.

Last edited:
I'll turn my system on see if I'm good.
Imagine losing your entire Steam Account.
yeah you'd be a mad mother falker already. and then when you finally get through to talk to a real person, they tell you they can see the ban, but it doesn't give them a reason, and there's nothing we can do to reverse it. so, I'm sorry but is there anything else i can help you with today?

I think this is an excellent opportunity for "Ban Insurance". Pay a monthly fee and be able to call your agent up and they will take care of things for you, of course with having a speedy pass into high level customer support that we couldn't get.

Like a good neighbor.....

I think this is an excellent opportunity for "Ban Insurance". Pay a monthly fee and be able to call your agent up and they will take care of things for you, of course with having a speedy pass into high level customer support that we couldn't get.

Like a good neighbor.....
and just think of all the jobs that industry will create...?

/s

I like SomeOrdinaryGamers report on it. A fellow Linux gamer.

View: https://youtu.be/YMh0GnzfF8g?si=DOKgd-jmoUjGET5U

Mass ban would mass loosing paying playstation+ account I would imagine ?, I really doubt they would not care (not that i imagine they would not care just hurting the brand if they were not active paying account as well).

It is either a niche phenomenon or they care a lot, almost certainly.

Mass ban would mass loosing paying playstation+ account I would imagine ?, I really doubt they would not care (not that i imagine they would not care just hurting the brand if they were not active paying account as well).

It is either a niche phenomenon or they care a lot, almost certainly.
They were already fixing it within a couple hours 2 days ago when it happened.

Oh sweet Jesus yes.......these cancers spend more time on their Thumbnails than they do on content, because they don't have any...zero...none...just throwing up videos the minute they read something they think they can capitalize on.

Oh sweet Jesus yes.......these cancers spend more time on their Thumbnails than they do on content, because they don't have any...zero...none...just throwing up videos the minute they read something they think they can capitalize on.
But the simps click and listen so power to them. No different than a news anchor, just they show you the teleprompter.

Back