periodically short freeze and long delay in online game

weltauge

n00b
Hi,
I am periodically getting a short freeze and then about 40 seconds of long delay between my inputs and them being registered in game. Happens every 5 minutes.

What could be the cause and how to find out?

I`m using cable for internet, speed test shows 52 mbps, can't find program to show internet speed in game.
mainboard: ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti
RAM: G.Skill F4-2400C15-8GTZRX

Could be so many things, from the internet side, maybe eliminate your router if you have one, just plug straight into your cable modem and test. I've had instances were I was running a crappy old TPLink router and it was getting overwhelmed with all the traffic in my house and would freak out periodically, like some sort of internal memory buffer was full and had to cycle. Speed wise 52mbps is way more than any game could possibly use. you'd be surprised even for like a MMO how little bandwidth games actually use. Now, it could also be some sort of issue with your provider too, but maybe slim since it works for a while and then lags out and then back to normal. sounds more like in house equipment.

After that then maybe something on your PC, do you have any other PCs in the house to test or is anything else experiencing issues similar to this?

also, what game is this? does it happen in any other game? you could simply download the CS Go for free and play a few rounds and see how it goes. atleast rule out just a game issue with whatever game/server you are connecting to.

Couple years ago I had some weird internet problems, turned out the modems power brick was semi melted, according to the tech a pretty common problem they had with that model, he was just surprised mine lasted as long as it did.

But like the previous guy said we could use some more info as this can be caused by a bunch of things

Back