Patch your boxes:

Looks like I'm alright since all servers at work are setup to use NLA. Guess I need to schedule time to update our production servers though, just in case.

Bad flaw but one that shouldn't be easy to exploit, unlike days of old most people are behind firewalls even at home and this is turned off by default.

Bad flaw but one that shouldn't be easy to exploit, unlike days of old most people are behind firewalls even at home and this is turned off by default.

Until someone gets infected at starbucks/airport/etc and brings their laptop to work/home and it spreads behind the firewall.

Patches are automated via "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade"

No reason to ever manually patch anything.

That's not linux specific, you know. WSUS and GPOs do that for corporations, AND I can provide pretty graphs to boot ( lowers management aggro ).

EDIT: Something of note; in a business environment, you should always have an approval process before patches get distributed to your servers/clients. This applies to OS, application, driver..you name it. That's just being safe and minimizing risk.

Last edited:

EDIT: Something of note; in a business environment, you should always have an approval process before patches get distributed to your servers/clients. This applies to OS, application, driver..you name it. That's just being safe and minimizing risk.

Absolutely, totally automated patching in a corporate environment without a testing and approval process would be a complete disaster.

Back