Painting monitor bezels?

fenixv

Gawd
I own a HP ZR30W and am anticipating purchasing two HP LP2065 to flank the sides. My biggest concerns are the silver bezels on the LP2065's as opposed to the matte black on the ZR30W.

Has anybody here ever painted their monitor bezel? Can anybody anticipate issues with doing this (aside from actually having to take the bezel off the monitor)?

Never painted bezels, but i have taken them off dozens of monitors. Cant see why you would run into problems. Obviously don't paint the inside or the Clips (duh) and you should be fine. Good Luck :)

I spray-painted alot of computer stuff with universal sprays. In fact it's good option for recoloring stuff.
Some advices are:
Remove the bezel and cover from screen.
Definitely paint it somewhere outside, do not paint it in your room or appartment. I recommend to not hold it in hand during painting because you will miss some not really visible parts but when it dries they will become more visible and disturbing, rather hang it on something. Spray it in lines one after another from approx 20-30cm distance and repeat 2-3 times till you see the original color is not passing through it. Do not paint in small area too much or it will create drops.
If it is glossy material, I recommend to abrass it abit in order to make sure the paint will stick into it, it has to be completely clean, all dust and dirt has to be removed and surface must be ungreased. I assume it's plastic so you should get base spray for plastic materials first, let it dry completely than start to paint color. Make sure you don't forget to cover LED glass from both sides, if it can't be removed.
One disadvantage of this is, it will become very sensitive to scratches, and you can easily scratch the color with anything sharp, particularly on corners and curved areas.
After finishing let it dry at least 10-12 hours.

Excellent advice. Thank you obliv and acer_sheep.

Hoping to tackle this in the new year. I'll post some pictures when I do.

Back