P4 3.2Ghz EE

I think I'll be much better off buying a reasonably priced Prescott in a few months, and overclocking it to 4 - 4.2 Ghz.

I think I'll be much better off buying a reasonably priced Prescott in a few months, and overclocking it to 4 - 4.2 Ghz.

Man sounds easy the way you put it, I cant wait for prescott then.

I think I'll be much better off buying a reasonably priced Prescott in a few months, and overclocking it to 4 - 4.2 Ghz

I don't understand why you think they will Overclock like a whore on crack.

*Ahem* dont you mean THIS MONTH? lol......prezs gonna hit the 21st

And yea EE's.....sure as FREAKIN HELL aint worth a grand. I'd pick up an A64FX chip and spend another 50 bucks and grab an ATI 9800XT while i'm at it.

Originally posted by Koslov
I don't understand why you think they will Overclock like a whore on crack.

The first, lower-speed CPUs of new processor designs usually o/c well. See the first Northwoods; the 1.6A's and 1.8A's overclocked like crazy.

I know that there are doubts about the Prescott but I'm optimistic...

This is on L3 of Xeon from THG

"Our benchmark tests, which exactly reproduce workstation usage with appropriate applications, show that the additional L3 cache hardly adds any speed. Popular 3D software, such as 3D Studio Max, Cinema 4D and Lightwave, show no improvement in performance. "

Duh, but there are still morons out there....lol.

Originally posted by laja
The first, lower-speed CPUs of new processor designs usually o/c well. See the first Northwoods; the 1.6A's and 1.8A's overclocked like crazy.

I know that there are doubts about the Prescott but I'm optimistic...
But I thought Prescot was just a new P4 design, not a new core.

Isn't funny how every time Intel puts out a new core the whole community freaks out about power and heat....lol.....and every time it turns out to be about 1/100,000,000 a big of deal as they say it is.

Back