One SSD on a new laptop is it ok or best not to partition it?

ng4ever

2[H]4U
I plan on imaging it every day or every week. Though really don't need to image the data files.

That why I was thinking if I partition OS just to 100 GB then leave the rest for data ?

Drive/SSD is 512 GB.

No they do not have a lot of data.

My only worry is 100 GB enough for Windows 11 Home as time goes on ?

If your imaging process can exclude folder and if your data can be somewhat easily under well defined one that would possibly remove the issue.

There way to make the Windows OS drive to need less space (moving download folder, temporary folder, etc... elsewhere and so on) but rapidly it could remove the bonus of imaging or exclude some of them (installing app when you can elsewhere).

It depends quite a bit on what application you want to image-install and how confident it would not move that much, back in the days when it was popular it was quite common to end up with something that really wanted some folder in C: for some reason and created issues, but back in the days when it was popular we had 2 to 160 gig hard drive.

If you currently have a computer doing the type of work you want to do on this one, could you look at your program file-program file(x86)-windows-Users (if you plan to keep it there to have it imaged) folder ?

My windows 11 pro folder alone is around 43 GB

Back