NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 12 GB & RTX 3070 Ti Allegedly Delayed, RTX 3090 Ti Unveil at CES 2022 Still Planned

What's the conversion to out the door pricing? $4000?
Really don't think there is much left on the bone for scalpers in the high end GPUs. Watching local FB market 3090 only go for maybe a couple hundred over MSRP. Honestly I haven't been seeing many 3090 the past month. My MC hasn't got any in awhile.

Really don't think there is much left on the bone for scalpers in the high end GPUs. Watching local FB market 3090 only go for maybe a couple hundred over MSRP. Honestly I haven't been seeing many 3090 the past month. My MC hasn't got any in awhile.
Ah, no kidding. I haven't looked since I got my 3070. I figured like everything else, its still a warzone out there.

Halo cards, meh. They just needed something to announce to tide them over with shareholders until next gen is ready to be unveiled.

Anyway, I'll take it with a grain of salt.

giphy.gif

I think this is great news because it tells me that the next gen cards aren’t coming in 2022. That makes it safe to buy some workstation cards without them being obsoleted in April.

I think this is great news because it tells me that the next gen cards aren’t coming in 2022. That makes it safe to buy some workstation cards without them being obsoleted in April.

The release date is whatever cadence Apple has. Once they move on to a new node, everybody else picks up the scraps and start selling products off of it.

I just hope they at least call the 12GB, 70SM card a "3080 Super" to indicate that there's more of a difference than memory size. Calling different configs the same name and only hinting at the disparity thru mem capacity was questionable for the likes of the 1060; totally unacceptable for a high-end card.

And there's a lil thought in my head that the "16GB 3070Ti" might end up being a "3070 Super" that has same 48SM core config as the Ti, but with 16GB GDDR6 instead of 8GB GDDR6X (like the mobile "3080" config, but with much higher clocks). Will depend on how much bandwidth the comparable Intel ARC card gets, what it's power consumption is like, and how G6X supply is.

Oh yeah, and there's also GA103 which is apparently starting as a laptop part and also seems to be a hedge against a situation where 512EU ARC falls right between 48SM GA104 and 68SM GA102 in perf.

Exciting times... never thought I'd still be getting constant entertainment and intrigue over rumors for a GPU lineup that launched over a year ago...

Back