Noita

It’s fun and frustrating, a good run can easily end fast, and some of the status effects feel quite punishing.

I keep coming back, so it’s a good rogue game.

I’ve been having a blast with Noita this weekend. RNG can be brutal, but even in the Early Access phase there is a lot of playability and fun as is. The level of “to the pixel” simulation is really awesome and lives up to its promise.

Had a pretty good run tonight, had a machine gun bouncy wand with projectile shielding, with melee and toxic slime protection perks...I can see some insane combos in my future. The levitation scratches the Tribes jetpack itch...

if you are into the rogue-like/rogue-lite genre, this is an easy recommendation. Buy it!

This is also available on GOG.com, for the record. :)

Correct, I'll update the OP if someone has a link. I myself own everything on Steam and prefer having it all in one place.

I’ve been having a blast with Noita this weekend. RNG can be brutal, but even in the Early Access phase there is a lot of playability and fun as is. The level of “to the pixel” simulation is really awesome and lives up to its promise.

Had a pretty good run tonight, had a machine gun bouncy wand with projectile shielding, with melee and toxic slime protection perks...I can see some insane combos in my future. The levitation scratches the Tribes jetpack itch...

if you are into the rogue-like/rogue-lite genre, this is an easy recommendation. Buy it!

Bought it too - quite close to my impressions.

I would love it if they'd optionally introduce something like a Hollow Knight style respawn system, where death isn't so harsh that you start the game over, but is still highly risky because for instance you lose your equipment and have to fight back to reclaim it. That'd make the game better-suited to my tastes - current gameplay is too hardcore and slows the experience down to a crawl if I want to get far. Still loads of fun, and some will like those bits.

Correct, I'll update the OP if someone has a link. I myself own everything on Steam and prefer having it all in one place.

Bought it too - quite close to my impressions.

I would love it if they'd optionally introduce something like a Hollow Knight style respawn system, where death isn't so harsh that you start the game over, but is still highly risky because for instance you lose your equipment and have to fight back to reclaim it. That'd make the game better-suited to my tastes - current gameplay is too hardcore and slows the experience down to a crawl if I want to get far. Still loads of fun, and some will like those bits.

https://www.gog.com/game/noita

Back