Next CS GO major to be hosted by Turner in Atlanta

BravO)))

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm a huge fan of watching pro counter strike and I can wait for this event. It will span longer than traditional majors in mid January, and will be the first major to be hosted by a major television company. Already bought my ticket and am ready to go. And if you have never seen a pro match during a major, I highly recommend it.

ELEAGUE to Host CS:GO Major Championship

Here was a great match last major. Game starts around the 32 minute mark.

Last edited:
So it'll have limited streaming and only on TBS with commercial breaks during key rounds.

Fuck that. Leave them untainted by greedy American companies, please.

EDIT: not a troll. I, too, love watching and playing CSGO, but I know once American money machines get their claws in it we're going to have to find illegal streams to watch them unmolested, because the official streams will be geo-locked.

So it'll have limited streaming and only on TBS with commercial breaks during key rounds.

EDIT: not a troll. I, too, love watching and playing CSGO, but I know once American money machines get their claws in it we're going to have to find illegal streams to watch them unmolested, because the official streams will be geo-locked.
IIRC when they had CS GO on TBS for the first time there was no commercial breaks in between rounds. Its been a while but i dont remember it cutting to a break during a round.

They did an Eleague season two months ago, and it was amazing on TBS. Only commercials were between games and half time. Also, this will be on twitch the entire time.

They did an Eleague season two months ago, and it was amazing on TBS. Only commercials were between games and half time. Also, this will be on twitch the entire time.
IIRC when they had CS GO on TBS for the first time there was no commercial breaks in between rounds. Its been a while but i dont remember it cutting to a break during a round.

Give it time and mark my words. Once this proves viable it'll be a greed fest for TV markets and the coverage will suck shit. They're sucking people in now.

Give it time and mark my words. Once this proves viable it'll be a greed fest for TV markets and the coverage will suck shit. They're sucking people in now.
This is actually quite different. The reason is, is because cs go doesn't need TV. The reason Tuner is doing Eleague is to "stay relevant." They are working with the industry instead of telling them how to run it, and it worked beautifully. I just hope that season two will not be the last one that Turner does.

This is actually quite different. The reason is, is because cs go doesn't need TV. The reason Tuner is doing Eleague is to "stay relevant." They are working with the industry instead of telling them how to run it, and it worked beautifully. I just hope that season two will not be the last one that Turner does.
I'm glad you're optimistic, but I think you're wrong.

I am full into reddit on cs go, and I have kept up with Eleague... I am pretty sure I am right. They regularly have people that are directly involved with Eleague posting on there and doing AMA's.

Cs GO gets way more viewers on twitch, they dont need TBS. TBS offered to do the show to stat relevant like BravO))) said. If you look closely at TBS they have been doing a lot of stuff targeted towards the youth, just like conans clueless gamer segments. I dont seem trying to run it like an NFL game because then most viewers would just watch it on twitch if there was commercial breaks in the middle of rounds.

Back