New Yamakasi monitors OC?

KazeoHin

[H]F Junkie
So, I've tried to study the OC'ability of the newer Yamakasi monitors, but I'm not finding much.

Long story short, my friend wants me to build him a new PC next year, his budget is $1500 AU, and that includes a new 27"+ monitor (his request). I want to go above and beyond for him, and I want to get him a 1440p OC'd IPS screen. The catleap models are over $600 AU here in Australia, but there are more available and affordable models I've been looking at, the Jupiter and Sparta (27" and 30" respectively). My knowledge is that the Sparta uses CCFL instea of LED backlighting, which mean it is most likely not able to OC, but there is very little info on OC'ing the Jupiter.

I want to get him a <$500 monitor, which leaves ~$1000 for the rest of the system. If the Yamakasi Jupiter monitor is not the right choice, what options are available?

Ever get an answer on that? looking to replace my old Sparta 30inch that I bought a few years back. I may can fix it but would be nice to have 2 30 inches :) now see the jupiter is maybe 27 inch ? :(

The ONLY overclockable Yamakasi monitor to EVER exist was the Catleap 2B. You can still get it but there are alternatives these days, E.g., From Overlord, QNIX etc

IPS-like 27" 1440p displays, that natively support 120Hz or more, in addition to other features, were announced this past week at CES. We no longer need eBay for this kind of monitor experience

Back