New SILENT HILL - Hideo Kojima, Guillermo del Toro, starring Norman Reedus!

LeviathanZERO

Supreme [H]ardness
Umm, this is heavy... whoa man....Silent Hill coming back? As an actual good game again?
[Heavily Breathing...]
And Konami finally yet Kojima do something other than Metal gear! Kojima and Del Toro! Holy shit this is awesome!!!

Reveal below. It was hidden in some demo on PSN called P.T.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH0thrqa2Ww
(Turn the volume down, this girl is WAY too excited...)

NEW SILENT HILL!
KONAMI MEGATON!!!!

Edit: Some demo alright, PT is the actual demo for the new Silent Hill. Search "PT" on PSN.
Scary as hell, amazing 4 hours I spent on it.

*Norman Reedus is Daryl from The Walking Dead series*

Last edited:
One of my favorite series being developed by some big names that I also am very fond of? Sign me up!

Download it now on your PS4!

Yot5L8s.jpg

Now this is great news!!! Ill never forget playing the first one on PS1 back around 1997 I think it was. Silent Hill 2 was excellent as well on Xbox but I did like any of the others and lost interest. A nice reboot would be fucking awesome! Ill definitely be paying attention to this one. I just really hope they do it justice and stick to what made the first one and even the second one so good and scary as shit and not try to change it into an action/thriller type or something stupid like that.

**edit

So just got home and got to watch the video - Norman Reedus? Daryl from Waliking Dead is the protagonist? Ok, thats pretty fucking cool. Looking like this might be a day 1 buy.

Last edited:
This "demo" is excellent.
I've been playing the last 2 hours, still haven't got to the end, but holy shit is it creepy! Very silent hill, reminds me of playing SH4, the first person segments. You guys should download and give it a try, if this is a taste, man, its gonna creepy as hell. I went "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" at one point when a ghost appeared out of nowhere.... sooooo good!

Does this mean the new Silent Hill will be first person perspective?

Watched some of that girls stream. If that is a taste of the real game. Holy shit that looks creep as fuck and AWESOME... Needs to come to PC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But have a feeling its PS4 only :-(

Does this mean the new Silent Hill will be first person perspective?

Not likely, considering they paid for the actors' likeness. I'm guessing the indoor scenes are first person and outside 3rd. Kinda like SH4. There was no weapons/fighting in this demo segment, I'm guessing fighting will be a 3rd person part of the game.

Eh, does anyone else get kind of annoyed when they use a relatively well know actor as the main character in a video game? It kind of ruins the suspension of disbelief when you're watching and listening to a known character from another piece of media, or a real person you know is just playing a role.

Eh, does anyone else get kind of annoyed when they use a relatively well know actor as the main character in a video game? It kind of ruins the suspension of disbelief when you're watching and listening to a known character from another piece of media, or a real person you know is just playing a role.
I do, partially because I hate the idea of some big name $10k/minute Hollywood actor taking away money from career voice actors. The other part is because it does ruin my suspension of disbelief. Even if their likeness isn't used I'm always going to picture the actor and not the character in the universe that is being portrayed.

Kojima wants you to shit your pants

Hideo Kojima has revealed a few more details about Silent Hills at the Metal Gear Solid Gamescom press conference.

Chief among these is that Kojima Productions is developing it. We knew the studio was involved due to its logo appearing at the end of P.T., but now we know this won't be a Castlevania: Lords of Shadow situation where the studio is merely overseeing another company's development.

Kojima also stated his intent to make the game as scary as possible. “We originally wanted you to pee your pants,” he said. “Now we want you to s*** your pants.”

The enigmatic director said that he expected P.T. - which simply stands for "Playable Teaser" by the way - to take a week to solve, but instead some British lady and a few of her friends cracked the case in a couple of hours.

He did slip in one incredibly obscure hint that nobody got, however. The fake developer making P.T. was called 7780 Studios. It turns out this gets its name from the square kilometer area of Shizuoka, a Japanese prefecture that's name literally translates to "Quiet Hills". In fact, many Japanese people simply refer to the horror game series as Shizuoka.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...er&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

Remote play on the toilet, gents.
It's the only safe way to play.

I will wait and see how it is upon release. After 10 years of bad SH games, I know better than to get my hopes up.

This shit is crazy, the teaser had my ass puckered up. Looking forward to this.

I dont mind. Games to me are an escape and I like the ones that are basically just a 15+ hour long interactive movie so having somebody like Reedus playing the main character with his voice and likeness should be pretty cool and add to it. If it was some generic actor playing the part then you might have a point but this is Daryl muthafukkin Dixon we're talking about which is bad ass so I have to admit that alone makes me want to buy it more than if it was just a voice actor.

Nah, seeing how Daryl Dixon will always be Murphy MacManus from The Boondock Saints to me.

Is this a PlayStation 4 exclusive or is it also coming to PC?

Is this a PlayStation 4 exclusive or is it also coming to PC?

Currently it's assumed to be PS4 exclusive, but there has not been any official word AFAIK. I think it'll end up multiplatform though.

Last edited:
Yar, I'm going to assume multiplatform or a timed exclusive (ala Tomb Raider).

Watched the linked Youtube video...not impressed, Just a dark room with a flashlight, no more creepy than when power goes out. As for the basement see about the murder...also gives me a meh impression. Could have been better

Watched the linked Youtube video...not impressed, Just a dark room with a flashlight, no more creepy than when power goes out. As for the basement see about the murder...also gives me a meh impression. Could have been better

I can't see how it would affect someone unless they had the controller in their hand and were immersed in it. I pretty much shat myself playing Silent Hill 2 years ago, I watch some people playing it last year and the whole thing was "meh"

I can't see how it would affect someone unless they had the controller in their hand and were immersed in it. I pretty much shat myself playing Silent Hill 2 years ago, I watch some people playing it last year and the whole thing was "meh"
Dead Space is the same way. I had a lot of trouble playing through Dead Space 2 because of the creepy factor. You don't get that by watching a gameplay video.

yep, you need to play it instead of watching a video. I didnt get very far and I said NOPE. Instead I watched some vids to see what im missing. Much easier on my heart. haha

"We wanted this game to look like it came from an independent developer, but we wanted to develop it on Fox Engine. Because of this, we had to drop the quality quite a bit," suggested Kojima. In other words - the final game will look a lot more realistic."

Whoa. I thought it looked pretty damn good.
Maybe this means 60fps in the final game? I mean damn, it looks awesome already. That's great to hear. Fox engine is flexing its strengths pretty damn good. And there is no doubt we will see a PC version, seeing how MGS5, also Fox engine, is coming. I like the sound of this.

Back