New Mac Book Pro 8600 kexts

equinox654

Gawd
Hey guys,

I was hoping one of you with the new mbp with the nvidia 8600 could help me out.

I want to take my 8800 out of my pc and put it in my mac pro. I am hoping the new 8600 drivers that come on the mbp will work for it with titan. The program the pc users are using to make their video cards work on hacked copies of osx.

Anyway if one of you can get them for me they would be under /system/library/extensions and it would be anything with nv in or or named nvidia.

Thanks so much

Setting aside the questionable legality of that particular project and the fact you can't discuss it here, even if you could get the drivers, you can't take a PC video card and put it in a Mac Pro because it has a BIOS-compatible firmware, but you need an EFI-compatible firmware for a Mac Pro.

Actually there are ways around the efi problem. After the os loads the video driver the card will come on.

Setting aside the questionable legality of that particular project and the fact you can't discuss it here, even if you could get the drivers, you can't take a PC video card and put it in a Mac Pro because it has a BIOS-compatible firmware, but you need an EFI-compatible firmware for a Mac Pro.

That's actually the whole point of the Titan project. The ability to run BIOS based nVidia graphics cards on Intel Mac's.

Questionable legality? Can't discuss it here?

What exactly is illegal in this discussion and why can't it be discussed?

It's not going to work yet. Someone will have it figured out shortly though, I'm sure. Just be patient.

Questionable legality? Can't discuss it here?

What exactly is illegal in this discussion and why can't it be discussed?

Nothing yet, but i assume that he means the normal "putting OS X on a non-Apple system," which is against their EULA and traditionally we don't discuss things of that nature on here.

Nothing yet, but i assume that he means the normal "putting OS X on a non-Apple system," which is against their EULA and traditionally we don't discuss things of that nature on here.

I assume he wants to put an 8800 in a Mac Pro. At least he actually said that. The only people discussing OSx86 are the people who are looking for it. Calm down and don't lock the guy's thread just because people are putting words in the guy's mouth.

I assume he wants to put an 8800 in a Mac Pro. At least he actually said that. The only people discussing OSx86 are the people who are looking for it. Calm down and don't lock the guy's thread just because people are putting words in the guy's mouth.

I know what the OP is asking for.

The thread is not breaking any rules, hence why it is still open.

OTHER posters assumed illegality, which is not the case.

I know what the OP is asking for.

The thread is not breaking any rules, hence why it is still open.

OTHER posters assumed illegality, which is not the case.

Thanks man,

Actually its half ass working. Someone sent me the kexts. I think it is missing some frameworks because it wont work with opengl and my 7900 pc card that was working will not work with the new drivers either. Oh and its only showing that it has 32 megs of vram lol.

Back