Need help deciding, 128GB SSD+ Boxee Remote or Boxee Box

neokeelo

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, Im trying to decide what should be my next upgrade.

I either want to buy a Boxee Box for my HT System or get an SSD for my new gaming rig.

If I go with the SSD I could just install Boxee on my PC and then buy a remote?

Is there any difference between the physical Boxee Box and the PC software?

What would you do? New system is in my rig btw.

From what I can tell, there is not a difference between the Boxee software from the stand alone device. Personally I love the Boxee software for the PC. There are so many more plug ins for it instead of MS Media Center. I'd go with the SSD upgrade!

We believe the future of TV will be driven by devices such as the Boxee Box, Connected TVs / Blu-Rays and 2nd screen devices such as tablets and phones. While there are still many users who have computers connected to their TVs, we believe this use case is likely to decline as users find better alternatives. People will continue to watch a lot of video on their computer, but it is more likely to be a laptop than a home-theater PC and probably through a browser rather than downloaded software.

Who says a laptop can't be a HTPC?

Frankly, I think they are backwards. Why shuffle discs when you can put all the software on the server and play it up over gigabit ethernet?

Wish I had seen that before I bought a boxee box for an xmas present. So much for them ever getting any more of my money.

Back