Need a cheap but reliable router for an extremely unique use case

Blakestr

[H]ard|Gawd
For my VR simulator, due to the current engine limitation, you can't interact with a VR player from outside the game via spectator screen. (God my life would be so easy if this was the case)

For now, the workaround is to use a Webserver that takes a local html file and handles the Button presses and triggers event inside the Unreal engine, pretty handy when it's up and running although a bit cumbersome to setup. You connect to the router with your smart phone/device and you access the web page and control the simulation from the page there. Long story short, I'm returning my TPCast, the wireless VR addon because it's not reliable, which means I'm returning the router. So I need a new router to host this webpage on the local WIFI.

So essentially I need to be able to connect a smart device to this router and that's it. I just want something that is reliable and has a decent setup page. Speed/Connection isn't really an issue as the computer connected will be on ethernet - this router itself doesn't even connect to the internet at all. (So security isn't an issue unless a hacker is standing nearby when I do my demo's at fire departments)

Back