My new toys....

BrinNutz

Supreme [H]ardness
Well, you guys were right...This hobby is expensive:

xtilensorderjz0.jpg

I couldn't justify the purchase of the $1100 f/2.8L 70-200mm and I read this is a VERY sharp lens on several different reviews.

As for the bag, I couldn't find the one I wanted...I wanted a Desert Camo bag for my XTi, 70-200mm (attached if possible), 18-55 IS lens, and the "Nifty Fifty" lens, plus the monopod I just got, my 14.1" T61, it's charger, and all chargers and stuff for both.

This is the one I really like :
http://www.adorama.com/GBSLSBP.html?searchinfo=safari&item_no=10

But they don't know when it will be in and haven't had it since October 2007, plus it doesn't fit my lappie =(

If anyone knows where I can get one just like that or similar, please, let me know. I'm dying for one (and not the National Geographic 5162, was recommended not to get that as the padding isn't the greatest.

I got B&H to price match everything, but they wouldn't budge on the shipping, so I went back to Adorama, and they only charged me $6.25 shipping. So I bit.

I think Lowepro or Tamrac might make a laptop + camera backpack, but I was never able to find one that I liked. Digital Trekker or something like that...

thats nothing..Ditch the UV filter. they are useless and alot of the times cause more problems the good. They can cause focus issues because of a slight reflection from them might throw off the focus points.
Lens hood is all you need.
You know the Sigma 70-200 2.8 is $750 and is just as fast and sharp as the canon
I use to have the canon 70-200 f4 and got the Sigma 70-200 2.8 DG and never regretted it. Even on my 1D Mark II its even better :)

LowePro bag is called the CompuTrekker

You know the Sigma 70-200 2.8 is $750 and is just as fast and sharp as the canon
I use to have the canon 70-200 f4 and got the Sigma 70-200 2.8 DG and never regretted it. Even on my 1D Mark II its even better :)

Thats debatable and depends on the copy of the Sigma you get. Sigma has a lot more variation than canon on that lens.

Also the Canon 70-200's are regularly said to be the sharpest zooms pretty much overall. Truely amazing lenses.

But I have heard to Sigma is very good as well if you get a good copy :cool:

I already placed the order earlier today..=)

I'm happy with the purchase, as it's not $1000+

Can't wait...

Getting the 75-300mm this weekend for $125...

Agreed, the 75-300 will be a huge disappointment. 70-200 = one of the best zooms ever made, 75-300 = not good at all, especially in the 200-300 range which would be all you are gaining over the 70-200!

Get the 1.4x T-Con and you will be much happier. It can be had for around $250, but will be much better than a 75-300. The 70-200s all take the 1.4x very well.

No, the guy has been holding it for me. Long story short - I told him to hold it for me because I'll be in Chicago this weekend for drill.

Then, I went and impulse bought these...LOL

Guess I'll have one extra lens for the realllllly long shots.

Well, the 75-300 made me cry with the results on the long end, but it would do in a pinch.

If anything you can resell it, many pick it up as a starter tele. You can try selling over in the FS/FT at http://photography-on-the.net if you like. If not, thats cool to, still use those forums for reference though as they are awesome!

(your pal Grentz spends a lot of time over there :p )

Well, the 75-300 made me cry with the results on the long end, but it would do in a pinch.

If anything you can resell it, many pick it up as a starter tele. You can try selling over in the FS/FT at http://photography-on-the.net if you like. If not, thats cool to, still use those forums for reference though as they are awesome!

(your pal Grentz spends a lot of time over there :p )

+1 for that.... I end up wandering through there throughout the day. ESPECIALLY with as slow as I have been lately.:D

Everything got here today and I called them yesterday because they screwed up my addy and I got $50 off my order.

So, $780 for all this ain't too bad IMHO.

Pics later...off to work

Back