My first set of "REAL" cans!! (56k beware!)

BrinNutz

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok, while I know they aren't much, but it's my first "real" set of cans. I'm a n00b when it comes to this, but I can see, hear, and feel a clear difference in these from anything I've heard before. Unfortunately, I don't have any friends that are into anything that has to do with electronics, to leave it generalized.

Put it this way, I was using these after my bargain Everglide S-500's fell and broke in half. So, I picked up newegg's last pair of Audio Technica ATH-AD700 on Monday, and just got them today!

Wow I say.

I have also purchased one of these little fella's :
cMoy amp which should be here tomorrow I would imagine.

I apologize if this is too many pics, but I'm ecstatic! These might be some of the best macro pics I've taken...(photo n00b as well, FujiFilm S700 first decent camera).
Pics!!
dscf4037copyhc8.jpg

dscf4038copywp7.jpg

dscf4039copyis8.jpg

dscf4041copyvs3.jpg

dscf4042copyrx0.jpg

dscf4044copysp2.jpg

dscf4045copyap4.jpg

dscf4066copyxj1.jpg

My ugly mug wearing my new toys...
dscf4047copykx1.jpg

dscf4056copyow8.jpg

Took this so you could see what I listened to first on them, FLAC of course!
dscf4059copytn1.jpg

dscf4061copymo8.jpg

dscf4072copyhu6.jpg

And some connector candy, LOL

dscf4074copypi3.jpg

PIITB??? LMAO!! :p
dscf4075copyym4.jpg

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
im debating if i want to purchase the open or closed cans. newegg doesnt have the closed style. and both the open and closed style are 140$ @ audiocubes.

iv been watching the ones on newegg for while but could never get myself to submit order. im currently using icemat siberias that i have had for a year. im by no means a audiophile so getting myself to purchase headphones over 100$ is abit hard when i already have a decent set of can.

your post just made it easier for me. now i must ask myself if i really want closed for 140$ or wait for open style to come back in stock at 104$

I have the ATH-A700, which is the closed equivalent of your cans, I guess. They are fantastic, but I kinda regret not getting the open version.

Congrats on your purchase. :)

Hey!

I just ordered my cMoy amp too! The sellers name on that eBay listing is John Seaber, he is an engineering student and an expert cMoy builder. Go here for a great thread dedicated to the cMoy and the cMoyBB. Mine should be here sometime next week, I can't wait. I have no doubt you will love your amp. :D

I got my AD700's a few weeks back and they are better then my old A700's and A900's. Most probably because they are open cans. Money well spent.

Different preferences though I guess. The closed cans sell more.

I got my AD700's a few weeks back and they are better then my old A700's and A900's. Most probably because they are open cans. Money well spent.

Different preferences though I guess. The closed cans sell more.

Yup, the open ones especially the AD700 gets highly praised at head-fi for their HUGGGEEEE soundstage and the better sounding open signature. I want a pair now :)

nice looking cans. That maybe my next pruchase but undecided about open or closed. how far does sound travel past the user. I game at night and would not like to wake up the wife or have the sound bug her for that matter. DO these open cans carry the sounds far?

i just ordered AD700s at newegg for 104$ free shipping. im excited!!!

i just ordered AD700s at newegg for 104$ free shipping. im excited!!!

Nice score man! They were that price when I got them as well, only I had $4.98 shipping...

Enjoy them man!! They are pretty nice!!

nice looking cans. That maybe my next pruchase but undecided about open or closed. how far does sound travel past the user. I game at night and would not like to wake up the wife or have the sound bug her for that matter. DO these open cans carry the sounds far?

Sorry for not seeing this sooner..

If you're worried about sound leakage, then don't get these, you'll want closed for that! These would probably wake up the wife!

One thing I have noticed, is if you like your music CRANKED up and want bass, then these would probably not be the way to go. I'm going to be searching for a good alternative for bass filled music now..=)

Can't believe I missed that..

No, I haven't figured that out yet..Was listening to FLAC off of my PC, hence the pic with the G15's LCD focused in, so I could show you what I was listening to...My apologies for getting everyone's hopes up...

If I figure it out, I'll let ya know!!

Sorry for not seeing this sooner..

If you're worried about sound leakage, then don't get these, you'll want closed for that! These would probably wake up the wife!

One thing I have noticed, is if you like your music CRANKED up and want bass, then these would probably not be the way to go. I'm going to be searching for a good alternative for bass filled music now..=)

definitely not my cup of tea cause I am a basshead. I'd like to hear a set regardless.

definitely not my cup of tea cause I am a basshead. I'd like to hear a set regardless.

I'll be in Chicago once a month. Well, Great Lakes really...(at the base there)

I live in South Bend, IN (not too far from ya!) I might actually make it to the Head-Fi meeting on Feb. 16th

Audio Technica FTW too! Got some W5000s

Niice.

zune ftw indeed :D

i have some DT-770's :)

How do those DT-770's sound?

Kinda off topic... but would the AD700/900 be able to block out the noise from my friggin xbox360? I have the noisy 2nd gen dvd drive and I sit about 3 feet away from the xbox. I would like to get the A700/900 but ear sweat bothers me... I can't wear my SB45 for too long.

they will a little bit. however, you should be ok once in game with the sound going.

i have the a900s and they block out ALL sound pretty well. Especially if you have anything on. I bought them when i had roommates and they always got mad cause they would be talking to me forever before i noticed them waving at me.
I've never had the ear sweat problem, I've worn them for extended periods of time as well. Good headphones running off my m^3.

Back