Migrating Texts from Android to iPhone

Dopamin3

Gawd
I helped a family member switch from a Samsung Galaxy S9 to an iPhone 15 Pro Max. At first I used the "Move to iOS" app available on the Samsung phone via the Google Play Store. It generally did a good job, looks like files, contacts, and even most apps that had iOS versions got automatically installed.

The issue I had was with text messages. It only moved single conversations (what I mean is no group messages moved over) and all MMS (mostly pictures and videos attached to text threads) disappeared. So I also tried a third party app hooking both up to a PC and it did the same behavior.

Is there any way to reliably move all the text messages, including group conversations and MMS from Android to iOS?

I helped a family member switch from a Samsung Galaxy S9 to an iPhone 15 Pro Max. At first I used the "Move to iOS" app available on the Samsung phone via the Google Play Store. It generally did a good job, looks like files, contacts, and even most apps that had iOS versions got automatically installed.

The issue I had was with text messages. It only moved single conversations (what I mean is no group messages moved over) and all MMS (mostly pictures and videos attached to text threads) disappeared. So I also tried a third party app hooking both up to a PC and it did the same behavior.

Is there any way to reliably move all the text messages, including group conversations and MMS from Android to iOS?
Unfortunately not really without a ton of work. I’d recommend just moving on. Archive the messages if they really need them later, but just move on.

Unfortunately not really without a ton of work. I’d recommend just moving on. Archive the messages if they really need them later, but just move on.
What is the work involved? I get I could go through and save each MMS message and keep them in a folder or something, but we'd like to preserve the original structure and this would also be very very time consuming. There are texts from deceased friends and family that the user really doesn't want to lose, and I don't blame them. I'm willing to put some time and effort in to do this properly, as well as spending money on some program that will work. (The program I tried was iCareFone iTransGo originally....)

Back