Might be traveling...

fastgeek

[H]ard|DCOTM x4 aka "That Company"
Looks like I might be going to Seoul for a week; but have just finished updating the bulk of my systems to stash 7+3 days. Barring any unexpected reboots (or bad cables, lol!), the systems should continue to chug along even if the proxy crashes. Will keep an eye on things the best I can! :)

You guys and this traveling thing are killing me. Now I gotta up my recruiting to make sure we don't fall behind.

jk
Enjoy the trip man. We're currently crushing Team China. Did 1.1M points more than they did this last update.

Take some warm cloth with you; quite cold (windy) here. And a bit snow just now when I look out of the window.

So, in order to keep you warm put some server in your suitcase and keep them running in your hotel room :p

I heading home dec 14th ; but only a two hour flight to Tokyo

Well it's no longer "might"... I fly out of San Jose, CA in less than nine hours... and I'm still awake. Oi. Only crappy thing about the trip (other than being stuck in a metal tube for far too long) is that I have to transfer from NRT to HAI (?) in Tokyo. My layover coming back is ~9 hours; however my wife found out there are tours being offered from NRT for people like me who are stuck there for a while. If all goes right, I'll be checking that out. (IIRC my layover going to Seoul is ~4.5 hours) There is one bright side though... managed to get Premium Economy for the trans-pacific flights and all legs of the flight are on ANA with 787s. Man, after flying in a 787 last year I can't stand anything else. :p

And, Skillz, my boxes are staying up unless something goes wrong. Much as I'd like to give pututu shit for shutting his boxes down, it does make sense if they're at his home. Truth be told, it would make me a little edgy too. :)

Oh, and I'm originally from Iowa. I don't love the cold, but I can deal with it. Only thing I really need is a suitable hat and maybe something to keep my ears warm. Figure there will be no shortage of options for said items once I get to Seoul. ;)

Seoul this Morning

E2D33C46-A9A7-4EE6-A702-C2F06D09B204.jpeg

And jus my back to hotel after some nice chicken battle ... 98000 Korean Wong for four people only beer and shoshu ... it can be really cheap and still good ... just consider: don’t drink and post ...

Oh, well crap. Didn't realize there was snow already. Just know the forecast wasn't calling for anything to be falling from the sky. :p Might need to see about getting some different shoes while I'm there. Oh, not much of a drinker, so chances are everyone is safe from any odd postings! :LOL:

yeah...it gets cold in IL...no snow. Southern Texas gets some, but not IL. Then yesterday I have to get on the roof of my old house to address a cap on my chimney... wind picks up and is bitter cold. No snow..... This sucks...bring on the blizzards... lol. :cold:

ChristianVirtual it completely slipped my mind that you were in Seoul, too! D'Oh! *facepalm* I was staying at the Le Meridien (used to be the Ritz prior to remodeling) so not sure if you were nearby or not. To be fair I only had one real day or downtime, Saturday, but was sick for most of the trip... so maybe a good thing I forgot you were around. ;) BTW, also wound up taking a short tour in Tokyo / Narita yesterday on my way home. No joke about the weather! Going from ~20*f to mid-40's was a HUGE improvement! (Although it was pretty damn windy)

They put me in the Hilton Millenium near Seoul Station and our company ... poor WiFi, no vpn possible

Well next time tell your company you want Gangnam style! :ROFLMAO:;) Thankfully wifi was great where I was and VPN worked smoothly. Hopefully it'll be a nicer time of year if/when I ever go back. All the exploring I did on Saturday was outside and, let's be honest, freezing cold weather just isn't ideal for that kind of thing! Did want to visit the DMZ, but didn't realize the best ones needed three days notice until it was too late. (something about the UN needing to validate your passport and such) Lesson learned.

Same for me with the DMZ ... need a bit planning. The good thing: it’s only two hours from my home ; as long no one blow it up there is still a chance :nailbiting:

Back