M18x Purchase

LGZdarkside

[H]ard [H]eaded
Got a windfall and had a chance to spend a crazy amount on a PC. After some research and advice I had a PC ready to go on New Egg. BUT, was informed I needed to buy from Dell so they could use a P.O. (see this thread)

Since it was a gift , I purchased something I would never buy for myself!

Alienware M18x from Dell

It has a fine balance of horribly badged Alien Head accessories to go with it! Including the Wireless HD option with receiver.

Total waste of money!

I'm stoked! 'gonna call it "My bugout kit Mark II" :D

Insane setup. Congrats.

$4k+ for a laptop, yet only a 2 year warranty? :p

Insane setup. Congrats.

$4k+ for a laptop, yet only a 2 year warranty? :p

And I had to pay extra for that!

I did get the "I can spill hot coffee on it , jump up and smash the screen" replacement policy though! (A must with two teenage boys!)

And I had to pay extra for that!

I did get the "I can spill hot coffee on it , jump up and smash the screen" replacement policy though! (A must with two teenage boys!)

Instead of the replacement policy, you might want to look into adding the laptop to your homeowners insurance if possible.

grats on your laptop, have fun gaming on it, but for 4k i could find use's for it in other way's

grats on your laptop, have fun gaming on it, but for 4k i could find use's for it in other way's

Had they had offered cash I would have jumped. But this was specifically for a PC. The Boss was pushing me toward an iMac but.....

Didn't bat an eye, it was within the limit he set (his 27" iMac was about $5K, delivered) :p

Back