Logitech G25..best price yet

i honestly dont think theyre "worth" more then 200, but for what they go for this is a hot deal. and when i say 'worth more then 200' i mean the best shouldnt even cost that much

side note, i always wanted to make a foldable cage for the g25, that when closed it could sit next to the wall out of the way, and when you want to play just pop it open like one of those collapsible chairs. it would slide up to the couch and hold the pedals and wheel at the right places. something that would make it not a pita to play a racing game here and there.

Last edited:
diffrent strokes for diffrent folks, id never pay it, but to the car racing sim guys +1 for you guys:cool:

wish i had the extra $$ as my vanilla logitech momo force feedback is starting to show its age

i really do wish it would come down to the $200 mark...they've been hovering around $250 forever!

Here is what I think.

I bought my G25 close to two years ago and bought it for $229 on Amazon with mail-in rebate. At that time there was nothing that could touch G25 for the price. It has served me well and I had Logi replace the wheel under warranty for a faulty H shifter. They sent me a brand new, complete wheel and it has been great ever since.

That was than, this is now and Fanatec has some FANTASTIC wheels, that supposedly blow this one out of the water. Check out Simracingtonight.com for a review. The RS wheel with Clubsport pedals will run you a bit over $300, but will last forever ! You can buy the lesser model for ca. $200 and still have something comparable to G25.

As for the wheelstands, you should also visit the website I mentioned, they did a comparo test of two foldable wheel stands a few episodes back. It might help you out.

My 2 cents.

DK

would be cool if every racing game supported those things 100%, then I'd actually "consider" buying something like that

I bought a G25 two months ago from newegg for close to $300. I've only used it for GT5 on the PS3, and it's very good. However, I wouldn't say that the effect is worth $300, or that it is as good as the effects in arcade versions. Moreover, the effects are not realistic to the steering feel and feedback of an actual [sports] car, despite the effects being fairly detailed. One issue is that I think the effects are not timed well to what's going on in the game; there might be a latency issue.

Also, steering has an odd feel to it because of all the gearing inside connecting the wheel to the electric motor; there's a lot of turning inertia and you can feel and hear the gears meshing. It's not a good weighty steering feel, either, it's like you're turning a machine. Also, the clutch is ignored, so you aren't getting the experience of a true MT, although that could be the game's fault.

Some of my other gripes are with quality. My unit I actually got Newegg to RMA and I haven't opened the new one yet. However, the previous one's wheel was off-center, the shifter had a glitch, one paddle didn't work.

The unit is huge, heavy, is very complicated to set up and even more complicated to pack away when you want it out of the way. I ended up clamping it to a 10x30 shelf and resting it on my lap, which is less than ideal, but did the job. There's a lot of complicated wiring that goes all over the place, and the USB cable isn't long enough to use at a standard sofa distance.

I'd be interested to hear more about the fanatec wheels.

Last edited:
i honestly dont think theyre "worth" more then 200, but for what they go for this is a hot deal. and when i say 'worth more then 200' i mean the best shouldnt even cost that much

side note, i always wanted to make a foldable cage for the g25, that when closed it could sit next to the wall out of the way, and when you want to play just pop it open like one of those collapsible chairs. it would slide up to the couch and hold the pedals and wheel at the right places. something that would make it not a pita to play a racing game here and there.

well, the 250$ i spent on my g25 2 years ago is definitely well worth it. Matter of opinion and intent of use.

The G25 is $228 at Amazon. Beats Tiger by 2 bucks. At that price point it probably is a little high for most but it is the one of the best, if not the best wheel you can buy and it's compatible not only with PC but also PS2 and PS3.

You can buy something like that I forgot what they are called though. I'll try to find the link for it. edit- her'es the link to it: http://wheelstandpro.com/index.html

nice stand, but i can make the same thing for less then $20. why do they rape people on items like this? it costs more then half the cost of the g25 itself? gimme a break

For something so old. It should be a lot cheaper. I might pay $229 for the logitech 25 version 2, if and when it comes out.

The logitech gt pro can be had for low as $80, but its about $110 at the moment.

i have doubts they will update the g25. the momo never got an update, although it really was never needed for a wheel in its price range.

nice stand, but i can make the same thing for less then $20. why do they rape people on items like this? it costs more then half the cost of the g25 itself? gimme a break

you can make the SAME thing? The foldable kind with hydraulics? Oh, come on. It'd probably take so many days of work for you to make it, that unless you earn a minimum wage, the savings are not worth the time.

Decent price .. But id get the dfgt for about half the price.. Im running a g25 right now-- ands its good--- but alot of guys like the dfgt and lack of center slop for half the price(if its good enough for huttu then its good by me lol)... Also-- fanatec 911gt3 is out now and should be reviewed in the next few days.. Looks like its going to be a great wheel and pedal set for around 300... Aluminum pedal set with load cell and mag pots-- very nice... Then again you can always get a frex simwheel for about 2200uds lol :p

As for the updated g25--- its coming.. Will be a g27 and have the single motor system like the dfgt.. Nice led rev bar and a small display-- along with more buttons..

I bought a G25 two months ago from newegg for close to $300. I've only used it for GT5 on the PS3, and it's very good. However, I wouldn't say that the effect is worth $300, or that it is as good as the effects in arcade versions. Moreover, the effects are not realistic to the steering feel and feedback of an actual [sports] car, despite the effects being fairly detailed. One issue is that I think the effects are not timed well to what's going on in the game; there might be a latency issue.

Also, steering has an odd feel to it because of all the gearing inside connecting the wheel to the electric motor; there's a lot of turning inertia and you can feel and hear the gears meshing. It's not a good weighty steering feel, either, it's like you're turning a machine. Also, the clutch is ignored, so you aren't getting the experience of a true MT, although that could be the game's fault.

Some of my other gripes are with quality. My unit I actually got Newegg to RMA and I haven't opened the new one yet. However, the previous one's wheel was off-center, the shifter had a glitch, one paddle didn't work.

The unit is huge, heavy, is very complicated to set up and even more complicated to pack away when you want it out of the way. I ended up clamping it to a 10x30 shelf and resting it on my lap, which is less than ideal, but did the job. There's a lot of complicated wiring that goes all over the place, and the USB cable isn't long enough to use at a standard sofa distance.

I'd be interested to hear more about the fanatec wheels.

Not to attack you but I find a few user errors in this post. Firstly the clutch, in order to use the clutch you need to hold the triangle button after clicking the start race icon until you have crossed the start finish line. Secondly, the off-centre wheel, mine would sometimes be off-centred but it is actually caused by the calibration being disrupted. Maybe you had a faulty unit that won't calibrate correctly.

Not to attack you but I find a few user errors in this post. Firstly the clutch, in order to use the clutch you need to hold the triangle button after clicking the start race icon until you have crossed the start finish line. Secondly, the off-centre wheel, mine would sometimes be off-centred but it is actually caused by the calibration being disrupted. Maybe you had a faulty unit that won't calibrate correctly.

Thanks for the triangle tip, I wasn't aware of that. I'll try that today.

As for the wheel being off-center, I mean it was lopsided. When the G25 did its auto-calibration thing and rotate lock to lock, you could see that it was not centered on the shaft. Just a quality issue.

heh worth 200$.. ya id say unless you can take it off the mount and put it in your car then it should be 100$..

Back