Lian-Li TU200 Reviews

Skott

Supreme [H]ardness
The Lian-Li TU200 has released. Priced at $179. Here is the first review I have seen.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5006/lian-li-pctu200-on-the-road-with-lian-li

Personally, I'm not impressed. It is overpriced IMO and the insides are pretty cramped. Seems to suffer cooling problems as well. We'll have to see what the user community can do with it. Right now I'd say go with a PC Q08 and use a harness or install your own handle on it.

Agreed. It really suffers from the lack of the cooling fan on top, despite the nifty handle. Lian Li needs to go back to the drawing board and release a V2

I was (still am) thinking about this case .. for me:

Pros:
space for 4 3.5" HDD -- I grew to like RAID10 with 4 HDD
5.25" bay -- full spectrum of ODDs can be used + a host of other 5.25" devices
ATX PSU -- again, easy to find / less expensive parts
Screw-less side panels -- open the case up easily for airflow or temporary hook-ups
Mobo tray -- mobo is NOT on a side panel!!
Compact size / mobility

Cons:
Aluminum feet -- going to scratch / mark the surface the case is standing on + do nothing to suppress vibration
Price -- a bit too high (should be same / similar to PC-Q08 ~ USD120-130)
Silver front fan bracket in a black case -- visible through, not very aesthetic (can be painted, but I'd much prefer anodized from the factory)
Placement / orientation of front panel buttons / connectors -- I think Lian Li should have arranged them in a vertical cluster like on PC-Q08 .. or at least have USB3.0 and eSATA ports oriented horizontally

Neutrals:
Handle .. but it kinda goes with that "luggage" corner design

The anandtech.com review (IMO) missed the point that side panels will be removed when/if some is engaged into heavy gaming and will be put back for transportation.

I'd be all over this IF there were any decent Z68 ITX motherboards around. :mad:

Anyone know what the maximum height is for CPU heatsinks in this case? Judging from photos it looks like a little over 90mm clearance with the PSU.

Back