LG G3 blurry action shots

|-Goku-|

[H]ard|Gawd
I have never known cameras, or camera settings, but I recently bought an LG G3 and after hearing how great the camera was for taking action shots, I decided to test it out.

All settings are on Auto and I am inside with the lights turned on but I continue to get blury action shots. Such as these, where the camera is perfectly still. These were taken in burst mode:

20150114_015514_Burst01_zps6ad8984c.jpg

20150114_015514_Burst03_zps33d29346.jpg

Any help would be great :)

Thanks!

There's not enough light for the camera to maintain a fast enough shutter speed. Does your camera app afford you any manual control over the picture settings? You could try maxxing out the ISO (higher makes the sensor more sensitive to light but at the expense of increased noise in the image), increasing the aperture (by using a lower f/stop number to increase the actual amount of light reaching the sensor), and increasing the shutter speed (moving from 1/40 or whatever slow speed these were shot at to something faster like 1/100 to 1/200 etc).

Even though the camera's perfectly still, your dog is still doing a lot of moving of its head in the 1/40 (=0.025 seconds) seconds that the shutter is open, that's why it's blurring. And that's why you need a faster shutter speed, because he can only move his head so far in 1/200 (=0.005) seconds... the faster the SS the more it'll be able to freeze-frame what's happening, but at the expense of a darker exposure because it's only letting an amount of light in at a fraction the amount of time of a longer exposure.

Yeah without a doubt. Doesn't matter if the light's natural or not, you just need a lot of it.

Back