LG 32GS95UE – OLED 31.5″ with 4K @ 240Hz and 1080p @ 480Hz Support - The death knell of LCD panels

Currently, you can get 23% off lg.com, if you stack Retailmenot cashback (10%), Bing/MS cashback (6%), and Honey/Paypal (7%).

None of those stack though.
Yes they do. They are not codes you enter. They browser plug-ins or cookies via activation links.

I stack retailmenot and Bing very frequently. I have also stacked paypal/honey, from time to time. But they don't often have deals at the places I buy.

Yikes those EOTF curves are terrible. Hitting 1,300 nits 1% and 1,110 nits 2% is pretty nice though. But of course a STEEP drop off to 650 nits at 5%.

LG has always been pretty good about EOTF for the most part so seeing how bad it is on the GS95UE is surprising. They'll fix it for sure though because at least LG is good about firmware updates unlike Asus.

As soon as anyone gets the monitor, try to send a 1280x720 signal to see how if uses integer scaling or interpolated blurry scaling.

The macro shot of this monitor doesn't look too bad honestly, isn't it supposed to look way grainier due to the matte coating?

1712940963599.png

Here is a macro shot of the 27GS95UE from RTings:

1712941134544.png

Unless of course the distance is what's making the difference in clarity. I don't believe the two photos are taken at the same exact distance and zoom level.

I'm working sadly so not much gaming, but I'm using the monitor now with a lg 48cx behind it and to me I like this matte coating, I don't see any glares and the clarity is great for me, I don't see smearing/smudging looks pretty sharp to my old eyes :) If i focus and look for it i guess i can see some softness.

Last edited:
I'm working sadly so not much gaming, but I'm using the monitor now with a lg 48cx behind it and to me I like this matte coating, I don't see any glares and the clarity, I don't see smearing/smudging looks pretty sharp to my old eyes :) If i focus and look for it i guess i can see some softness.
Personally, I don't have a problem with matte screens.

However, they do tend to look a little less sharp and/or rich, compared to a similar screen, with a gloss or semi-gloss.
Your new monitor has an improved pixel structure, compared to the CX. So, its probably helping overall clarity, despite the matte coating. Also, LG's newer matte coating is less coarse than their previous.

I wasn't able to stack any of the cashback extension with each other, but was able to stack one of them (Rakuten 9% today), along with credit card cash back (Bank of America 10% for LG next two days), and the HECAzipcode 15% off coupon at LG checkout (heca+zip code promo at least in the us during the pre order period now.) which should work for most people in NA.

Pretty good price after all that, around $1000 after tax. I find the MSRP to be aggregious for this model since it's not strictly "better" than the cheaper QDOLEDS.

Last edited:
one thing I don't like so far is, on the LG 48cx i could alt tab or windows key to my desktop instantly from a game I was playing. With this unit it takes a few seconds... which I find a bit annoying.
With a 4090 I can only pump out 360fps in counter strike but was able to cap out at 477 frame limit for overwatch.

one thing I don't like so far is, on the LG 48cx i could alt tab or windows key to my desktop instantly from a game I was playing. With this unit it takes a few seconds...
DSC, nothing you can do other than drop to 144Hz.

Not sure if anyone had this, but my display in gamer1 defaulted to a brownish tint. I have since calibrated it and have 97.5% p3 which is slightly lower than the advertised 98.5%, I could probably put a little more effort into calibrating it and get it at the advertised, but the out of the box calibration was not very good atleast on my unit. Anyways this display is far far better than last years 27GR95QE. I'm definitely keeping it.

Tested VRR flicker, honestly I haven't found an actual game scene that flickers, I retested the areas in Hogwarts where I flickered on the 27GR95QE, no flicker. Played DD2 for like 5 hours no flicker even with it's unstable framerates. The only time you see subtle flicker is on dark loading screens, you hardly notice it.
I've seen some reviews mention the out of box color accuracy is only decent. I wonder if they might release a firmware which is able to universally improve color temp/white point, etc.

Heads up to those in the USA. You can add 2 extra cheapo items to your cart like cables/etc to get an additional 20% off on top of the 15% promo code that was posted in this thread (HECAxxxxx - use your zip code). Also Topcashback is giving 12%. Total cost pretax comes out to $850ish.

Edit: if your credit card also has a quarterly offer it can be had for around $800 or just under.

Last edited:
I wish there was an affordable Spectro to use alongside all of the relatively cheap colorimeters. Seems like the only option is spending $1500 from what I've seen.

Heads up to those in the USA. You can add 2 extra cheapo items to your cart like cables/etc to get an additional 20% off on top of the 15% promo code that was posted in this thread (HECAxxxxx - use your zip code). Also Topcashback is giving 12%. Total cost pretax comes out to $850ish.

Edit: if your credit card also has a quarterly offer it can be had for around $800 or just under.

No extra promo codes to enter? Just add 2 extra items and 20% automatically applies? I'm not trying to get one myself, just want to pass this info on to one of my buddies who still can't get a MSI MPG model.

No extra promo codes to enter? Just add 2 extra items and 20% automatically applies? I'm not trying to get one myself, just want to pass this info on to one of my buddies who still can't get a MSI MPG model.
Yeah the 20% applies when 2 additional items are added. HDMI cable + $20 wireless mouse.

Like all these promo stacking deals, act fast because it will stop working soon since there is no way it was suppose to work on this monitor.

Seems like LG is heavily backordered, they won't even give an ETA for my order on 4/14.

Yeah the 20% applies when 2 additional items are added. HDMI cable + $20 wireless mouse.

Like all these promo stacking deals, act fast because it will stop working soon since there is no way it was suppose to work on this monitor.
I don't think the heca code is working anymore.

I don't think the heca code is working anymore.
People have been having issues applying it all morning while it works for others no problem. Try different zip codes.

Edit: I think the code is now dead.

Last edited:
Seems like LG is heavily backordered, they won't even give an ETA for my order on 4/14.
With one in a cart right now, it says :

Expedited Delivery
Preorders are expected to start shipping the week of Mon, May 13

With one in a cart right now, it says :

Expedited Delivery
Preorders are expected to start shipping the week of Mon, May 13
Yeah, it said 4/15 when I ordered, then went to 4/19 a couple days later so that's why I'm not sure when mine will ship. It is what it is, I'm assuming I'm in the May window now. At least the charge dropped off my card finally.

LG had limited stock, but that will change soon now that they have begun mass production: https://www.lgdisplay.com/eng/compa...543459C31167C0230CFA5A132D94AF?contentId=5295

Honestly it would be a good idea to wait on the Asus version just to see if maybe the HDR performance on that one will be better. It probably won't be, but who knows.

Just to clarify on what I mean by "better" HDR. The PG42UQ got significantly brighter than the LG C2 which uses the same panel:

1713902175082.png

They also fixed the washed out issue with a firmware update:

With firmware version V040 that ASUS released in July 2023, HDR no longer looks washed out like it did with previous versions, like V032 and V033. The update doesn't change the results that we previously tested, but the results now match what it displays on the screen.

So who knows maybe Asus will deliver a banger with the PG32UCDP.

Last edited:
I think Asus will for sure push the panel harder. They've done so with every WOLED model vs it's LG variant. It will also come much better calibrated out the box.

The 2 deterrents are Asus firmware issues and the fact that it will probably land at $1499. Asus flagship monitors typically don't go on discount for a long time so the question is whether it's worth almost 2x the price of this LG on sale.

I think Asus will for sure push the panel harder. They've done so with every WOLED model vs it's LG variant. It will also come much better calibrated out the box.

The 2 deterrents are Asus firmware issues and the fact that it will probably land at $1499. Asus flagship monitors typically don't go on discount for a long time so the question is whether it's worth almost 2x the price of this LG on sale.

You will be waiting a year for them to fix the firmware anyway so by the time they do then it will be on sale 😂

Been using this display for around 2 weeks now, here is what I would say the strengths and weaknesses are.

Weaknesses:
  • Out of the box calibration is terrible, it is as bad as the 27GR95QE
  • White point: More difficult than usual to get a 6500k white point.
    • You can by calibrating for D65 specifically and hit the 6500k whitepoint just fine, but I prefer having accurate sRGB.
    • If you use the sRGB setting in DisplayCAL, you will need to adjust the Blue channel to 47 in NVCP to get 6500k. On the display adjust R:48, G:49, B:50
  • Cannot manually adjust HDR color temperature, but the white point is closer to 6500k than SDR.
  • Text isn't as crisp as the X27, but a massive improvement over the LG 27GR95QE. It is better than I expected. But I would still consider it a weakness since it isn't perfect.
  • No built in dithering, watching videos on streaming services have more noticeable artifacts.
  • VRR flicker on some darker scenes, mainly loading screens in games and I did see it happen once in a cutscene in DD2, it is not bad enough for me to care though, on the 27GR95QE it was significantly worse and one of the reasons I returned it.

Strengths:
  • Motion clarity is incredible at any refresh rate.
  • Once calibrated it is more accurate than my ProArt, X27, X34, 27GR95QE
  • HDR 400 True Black is superior to HDR10 1300 on the X27 IMO. The HDR also looks a lot better than the 27GR95QE did at launch (not sure if they have improved it since).
  • Matte coating, this is one of the better matte coatings. It is better than the X27, ProArt, X34, 27GR95QE, it's almost like a semi-gloss coating. It doesn't diffuse white light as well as other matte coatings, but I still think it is very good.
  • No obvious brightness limiting, on this display the spec is the actual spec, you don't see it dim at all, atleast I haven't in the last few weeks.
  • Adaptive Sync, the adaptive sync on here is just as good as having a G-Sync module. I wouldn't say the same for the 27GR95QE when I owned it, I thought the VRR was a downgrade on that display.
Overall I think the display is a big upgrade from the X27, the only thing it is truly weaker with is text clarity. Hopefully they fix the out of the box calibration with firmware updates, and improve the ability to control the color temp more precisely. If you have a colorimeter I highly recommend the display. If you do not, I would buy something else with more accurate out of the box calibration, because the default calibration is terrible, and I mean very bad. Definitely keeping this display though, I really like it, I actually got rid of my X27 a few days ago and I thought I was going to keep it, but it just looked bad by comparison.
can you share your icc profile?

Sure, I'm not at home at the moment but will post the ICC profile and my settings in a few hours.
Doesn't this monitor have hardware calibration ability, so you don't need an ICC file? (excuse my ignorence on the finer points of calibration).

DAS is disabled in non-gamer modes. DAS is the low latency feature on the display.

Icc is attached.

Game Adjust
- Gamer Mode: Gamer 1 (Should be fine in Gamer 2 as well, if you match the Gamer 1 settings)
- Black Stabilizer: 50 (Adjust this to whatever you prefer, it doesn't matter much for accuracy, I prefer 50)

Picture Adjust
- Brightness: 64 is 150 Nits (The profile will still be relatively accurate if you adjust this to your preference)
- Peak Brightness: Low
- Contrast: 70
- Sharpness: 50
- Gamma: Mode 4
- Color Temp: Custom
- R/G/B: Red 47, Green 48, Blue 50

Nvidia Control Panel (If you want 6500k as your whitepoint / D65)
Display > Adjust desktop color settings
Color Channel: Blue
- Brightness: 47%

If you need another profile made for something else, I can do it in my free time just let me know.

I had the R G B incorrect in my original post, I wrote that from memory, I corrected it now.
Thanks I appreciate it, the colors do slightly look better. Thanks again.

Since it keeps getting delayed and I still really like my 42C2, I stopped caring about getting it "earlier" and reordered with the new 20%+15% LG site deal stacking today. Came out to $1054 total at their site. But, If all the cash back crap works it should go down to $860. Not bad.

Note to get those two LG site deals to stack I had to do it as guest or it just didn't work.

I had friends trying everything to make the codes stack earlier today but I think they killed it a long while ago.

Sharing settings/icc profiles is useless because each panel is individually calibrated at the factory, so it will never look the same just by sharing settings.

Back