Learning Photoshop, Need Help

JOKER_JOKER

Limp Gawd
I just started learning Photoshop last weekend and I encountered a problem with the selection tools. I know there is the magic wand, the lasso, and the rectangular marquee tool. But I remember from the TechTV show Call For Help that there was another one, where they had a little circle, and to select the sky, they just ran the circle along the threshold of the sky and the trees, and the tool recognized the color changes and just selected the sky. Does anyone have a remote idea of what I'm talking about or know what tool that was/how to access it?

Dont forget the most important selection tool, the pen tool ;) . Cant say I'm familiar with that call for help, but it sounds like select > color range is what you are talking about.

Sounds more like magnetic lasso. Its under the lasso tool if you click and hold it.

I just tried out that magnetic lasso tool, and I must say it's pretty handy. But I found what I was talking about, it's called the extract tool. Although when I use the extract tool the extraction wasn't the sharpest, some of the things were distorted. Thanks guys.

Back