laptop lcd response time

rageFIST

Weaksauce
I want to get a gaming class laptop, but if i remember from a couple years ago, the pixel response time wasnt on par with standalone LCD displays, has this changed at all? Ghosting on a new gaming laptop wouldnt make me too happy.

4 years ago when I bought my 1st "Gaming" laptop with a 7500 radeon the LCD had a pixel response time of 25ms. I didn't Notice any weird issues with my screen. Since then LCDs have only improved. I'm sure if any of the laptops sold as gaming laptops had LCD ghosting issues you'd see posts about them on this forum.
imho you don't have to worry about ghosting unless you're either superman, the flash or neo.

rageFIST said:
can anyone find specs of any sort ? kyle?
Which laptop are you looking at? Different laptops have different panels.

You can usually go to the manufacturer's site or discussion forum to find the specs. Look for "response time".

Most cheap laptops have 30-35ms displays, and better laptops have 16ms-25ms displays. Desktop LCD displays are down to 2ms (gray to gray, not the usual black to white to black total response time). 8-12ms is the fastest TRT for desktop LCDs IIRC. Some laptops may be using 12ms panels, but I don't know of any off-hand.

16ms isn't bad at all. That's good enough to run the panel at 60Hz.

Back