Jetway or MSI?

tw33d

n00b
Check out my sig for specs

Ordered a Neopower just wanted to make sure you can plug a 24 psu into the jetway pro's 20 pin connector.

Plus would putting the MSI 939matx board be better since it has the 24pin connector on it?

Did a search on the 24 pin to 20 pin on mobo and it said to be fine, the extra 4 pins just overhang.

Would I really be missing out on something without those 4 pins in use? My x800xl 512mb has an external connector of course so I would think so. Opinions?

The Jetway board has the BIOS advantage. Granted, its not the newest ATX spec, but the newest 24pins power isnt a requirement for new hardware. Correct me if I'm wrong.

if you want to oc the jetway is better choice cause it can do it. its biggest downfall is the memory divider not working manually set.

i'm very happy with it so far and cant wait till i get my pc2700 memory to see how high i can go with fsb then

Jen

Dew said:

Ohhh snap! lol didn't notice that :)

Jen said:
if you want to oc the jetway is better choice cause it can do it. its biggest downfall is the memory divider not working manually set.

i'm very happy with it so far and cant wait till i get my pc2700 memory to see how high i can go with fsb then

Jen

at this point overclocking is not a big thing for me these days. Once they fix the divider I might give it a shot though. Just hate how my setup with my x800xl 512mb only getting 4829 in 3dmark05 and sadly 03 as well, weird eh? Automatically I was positive that the this crappy 420watt aspire psu really is junk. Still allows ultra quality and 1280 resolution smoothly in doom 3 but im sure would run even better with the neopower.

I'll post back to show the drastic change and just how bad that psu sux lol

Back