Issue with dual monitors

GhostCow

Limp Gawd
Main monitor is connected via displayport (AOC i2769Vm), secondary screen is a television connected via hdmi (Samsung UN32H5500). Using just the AOC monitor over displayport works fine, but if I switch to the television, things aren't centered on the screen even though both screens are 1080p. If I try to clone the main display, the secondary display still has the same issue and the resolution seems to go way lower on the main display even though Windows says the resolution is still set to 1080p.

I'm using Windows 8,1 and my video card is a 780ti on the newest beta drivers.

edit: I've also noticed that if I use extend mode the main monitor stays fine, but the television still isn't centered correctly. The main goal is really just to clone the main display without any issues though so that I can play games or watch anime on the couch when I feel like it

Last edited:
Try enabling "Just Scan" in the television menu options. This is what Samsung calls its 1:1 pixel mapping feature. A lot of TVs overscan the 1080p signal over HDMI by default.

My television doesn't seem to have that option. The options it has are 16:9 (which causes the issue), 4:3, zoom, smartview 1 and 2, and screen fit. Screen fit makes it fit properly, but when cloning the main screen the resolution is still turned way down and Windows still says it's at 1080p

Hmm... Have you tried turning changing image scaling to the video card in the driver options? I believe it is set by display by default.

EDIT: Try doing the PC mode trick. Simply rename the input source to "PC" and it should unlock those features. Do so by clicking Source on the controller and then Tools to rename the source your computer is connected to.

Looks like the issue was with the scaling. I had to check the box that says "let me choose one scaling level for all of my displays" under the resolution options in windows. I have it set to 100% for all displays and everything seems to be mostly fine now. The only issue now seems to be that turning on cloning makes some menus in windows a little bigger (like the one that pops up when you hit Windows key + P), but I can live with that.

Thanks so much!

If you've got the UN32H5500: hit source, go to the HDMI input then on the remote push the TOOLS button (near the four-way direction options) and you can change it to PC in there.

I literally JUST got this TV set up as a display for my PC and was having trouble with scaling. Now I just need to go tweak/calibrate.

Armenius: I never would have thought to hit the tools button on an input selection screen. That's sort of ridiculous. But it worked perfectly and immediately scaled my display properly, although it seems to have severely limited the options I can play with. Not that it matters, I get my color profiles from a calibration tool. Thanks!

Thats a pretty easy solution just take your remote control and press picture size (P. Size) and just change it until the image its fully centered and not oversized. Its like the 4th option if i can remember correctly on samsung smart tv.

Araxie: Setting the input to PC mode disables a lot of post-processing effects as well as stopping the forced overscan. It's a better solution than that which, on my GTX 770, left a small black border around the edge of my display or cut off a small amount of the image. There was no perfect fit.

Back