Intel tipped to launch discrete GPU at next year's CES

I would suggest that there is no solid information on this currently. What you are reading are rumors, rumors, and more rumors. There is a tentative target date out there, but I would suggest that no one truly knows exactly what that product is yet, or if the date will be met.

But the idea that Intel may step into this segment and bring much needed competition excited me.

I really hope intel can hit the GPU market like a sledge. Consumer and data center. The data center space nV has an absolute monopoly and can and does charge whatever they want to. We all need REAL competition so badly in this space.

I am more than 50% convinced that Intel is going to release a chip that is more powerful than AMD or Nvidia. When you look at the resources available to the company, they have the best chance of creating a rival in the market. Is RAM the only component left that Intel doesn't manufacture?

I really hope intel can hit the GPU market like a sledge. Consumer and data center. The data center space nV has an absolute monopoly and can and does charge whatever they want to. We all need REAL competition so badly in this space.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend? If AMD is thinking this I believe they will rue the day Intel becomes a force in the datacenter with iGPU's. NV can withstand the heat far more than AMD can.

Back