Intel CES 2022

Armenius

Extremely [H]

12th-gen Core KS processors announced with up to 5.5 GHz boost clocks on the P cores, shipping by the end of the first calendar quarter.
Only news on Arc is a demo of Deep Link encode, which utilizes both the Arc iGPU and dGPU to decrease encoding time by up to 1.4x.
Latter half of the video is all about Intel's autonomous driving solution.

Jesus 5.5, I can watch my power bill go up in real-time with that, but their silicon must be pretty solid if they can push those kinds of numbers so it's impressive on a few fronts there.

Self-driving cars... Meh, I think the technology works better in factories and warehouses less so on the open roads.
But automated driver-assist I think is where this tech will really help out for the long haul, parking assist, collision detection, pedestrian warning, the only sort of self-driving I really would like to see is if it detects the driver has had an issue and is unable to drive the vehicle automatically starts up the 4-way flashers and finds the shoulder to safely pull over and signal for help. I've seen more than my fair share of accidents caused by drivers suffering from heart attacks, seizures, or strokes while driving and those get ugly fast. But I suppose self-driving cars would be cool.

Now I just wonder if Dell can get me a 12900H paired with a 3080TI in a laptop. That would be a decent upgrade for my at work workstation I believe….

Now I just wonder if Dell can get me a 12900H paired with a 3080TI in a laptop. That would be a decent upgrade for my at work workstation I believe….

I'd roll the dice on an Arc 512, if work was paying for it. Supposed to be in the desktop 3070-3070 Ti-range, performance-wise, which is the laptop equivalent.

I'd roll the dice on an Arc 512, if work was paying for it. Supposed to be in the desktop 3070-3070 Ti-range, performance-wise, which is the laptop equivalent.
perhaps, if they offer a mobile variant of it when they do launch it.

Back